Matty Cash

paul514

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Really happy for Matty. Having caught the extended highlights I was very impressed by how he linked with Moussa and Nicolo. Unlucky not to score 3 or 4 yesterday. Can't fault his effort either.

On 27/08/2023 at 23:00, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not sure why Chambers gets a bad rap.

90 percent of the time we've needed him, he's been fine.

Define 'fine'. He's crap IMO. Weak, passing hugely overrated, he panics and misplaces so many of them. And what was that OG about in preseason.

Edit: Can this be moved to the Chambers thread?

Edited by Tom13

• 3 weeks later...

Incredibly poor and predictable on the ball. He's cut inside and then passed backwards nearly every single time today. He can't execute a penetrative pass like Ashley Young could either.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Incredibly poor and predictable on the ball. He's cut inside and then passed backwards nearly every single time today. He can't execute a penetrative pass like Ashley Young could either.

You and Cash are getting to be like Delphinho and Buendia.

21 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Sorry :( Just really frustrates me lately.

No worries. He can occasionally be frustrating but he's not as bad as you think he is.

He missed two chances yesterday, but was he even getting into those sorts of positions last year? He's improving.

On 16/09/2023 at 16:15, Tom13 said:

He's a frustrating player but I do take issue with the bold part. He laid one gorgeous ball on a platter for Watkins who was very lethargic and didn't even try to slide in for a guaranteed tap in (first half). 

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's a frustrating player but I do take issue with the bold part. He laid one gorgeous ball on a platter for Watkins who was very lethargic and didn't even try to slide in for a guaranteed tap in (first half). 

He did tbf. But Young was great at breaking lines and passing forwards from right back into dangerous areas. Cash doesn't really do that.

Edited by Tom13

8 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Defensively and offensively felt he wasn’t at his best yesterday. But it would be unfair to single out one player. He will step up again. 

Why? What if he was the only one who played badly? Could we then?

What about multiple players? Would that be OK as we didn't play very well and had plenty who didn't play too well.

What about if we lost 1-0 or drew 1-1 if the ref didn't give the pen. Are we allowed to critique player performance then?

Â