Matty Cash

paul514

I said it at the time, but I thought it was a big mistake for the FA to not even talk with him about potentially playing for England. Matty said there was no contact from anyone.

And this is coming from a polish guy!

Finally adding numbers to his game and work his doing on the training ground starting to show. Seems there's been an emphasis on cutting the ball back rather than crossing it as that's 2 games in a row his assisted with a cut back. If Atletico Madrid want him in the summer his price is increasing each game, going to have to be silly money. 

He's getting to the byline a bit more now and cutting the ball back instead of crossing from deep and it seems to be working much better. 

A few weeks ago I was saying Gerrard may be looking to replace him. Not so sure of that now, he's playing great, i'm an idiot. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I said it at the time, but I thought it was a big mistake for the FA to not even talk with him about potentially playing for England. Matty said there was no contact from anyone.

Realistically, he's never going to start ahead of Trent A-A or Reece James. They're both younger and a lot better than him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Phil appreciating the quality of the assist

Even then he was in loads of space if Cash had squared it. He seems to be able to find space so easy. 

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I see your point but England are stacked at right back. Just unfortunate I guess! 

11 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Realistically, he's never going to start ahead of Trent A-A or Reece James. They're both younger and a lot better than him.

You'd be surprised at how quickly players' stock can rise and fall. There's every chance Cash could've jumped above either of the them in the next year or two. Look at Dele Alli, Phil Jones, Ruben Loftus Cheek, even Rashford.

Just now, El-Reacho said:

You'd be surprised at how quickly players' stock can rise and fall. There's every chance Cash could've jumped above either of the them in the next year or two. Look at Dele Alli, Phil Jones, Ruben Loftus Cheek, even Rashford.

Highly doubt it tbh. Walker and Trippier will be around for the next year or two anyway.

Then you have Wan-Bissaka, Lamptey and Livramento started the season well too. James Justin was about to get a call-up before his ACL tear, so was ahead of Cash in Southgate's thoughts. 

He was nowhere near the England team and never would have been. Scroll back 10 pages and people were saying he was toilet. Amazing what a couple of goals can do to a defender's reputation. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Highly doubt it tbh. Walker and Trippier will be around for the next year or two anyway.

Then you have Wan-Bissaka, Lamptey and Livramento started the season well too. James Justin was about to get a call-up before his ACL tear, so was ahead of Cash in Southgate's thoughts. 

He was nowhere near the England team and never would have been. Scroll back 10 pages and people were saying he was toilet. Amazing what a couple of goals can do to a defender's reputation. 

Southgate name-checked Cash as one he's been watching closely a couple of times in his interviews over the past 18 months - so he wasn't that far away from a call-up. Southgate has also called up 3 or 4 RBs to recent squads .

I said it on the way home from the game last night; I wouldn't sell Cash for £30-40 million now.

He's becoming a fantastic right back, and we would have a tough time finding a better replacement for that sort of money.

We have positions in the squad we could do with upgrading to get to the next level, but right back isn't one of those positions right now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I said it on the way home from the game last night; I wouldn't sell Cash for £30-40 million now.

He's becoming a fantastic right back, and we would have a tough time finding a better replacement for that sort of money.

We have positions in the squad we could do with upgrading to get to the next level, but right back isn't one of those positions right now.

He's adapting his game very well and growing in confidence. There was definitely a chance in Jan at 30m or even 25m, I think, but certainly not now if he keeps up the assists and goals.

21 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Think Wan Bissaka is going to declare for somebody else I think DR Congo

Southgate loves his overpriced United defenders and he cant get a game

On 11/03/2022 at 14:50, Xela said:

I see your point but England are stacked at right back. Just unfortunate I guess! 

Or fortunate…

Could Matty go on to be one of Poland’s greatest ever right backs?

I could just be ignorant, but I can’t name any standout Polish right backs

On 13/03/2022 at 16:14, DJ_Villain said:

Or fortunate…

Could Matty go on to be one of Poland’s greatest ever right backs?

I could just be ignorant, but I can’t name any standout Polish right backs

If he achieves half of what Piszczek did in his career he will be happy

• Like 2

Â