Matty Cash

paul514

54 minutes ago, Awol said:

Was thinking the same thing. Is he ready? 

http://www.avillafan.com/32388/a-closer-look-at-aston-villas-youngster-kaine-kesler/

A closer look at Aston Villa’s youngster Kaine Kesler

By
 John Townley
 -
August 30, 2020

With Aston Villa’s academy overhaul in full swing, highly-rated youngster Kaine Kesler has put pen to paper on his first professional contract at the club.

After standing out in Villa’s U18 side, the 17-year-old full-back will be promoted to Mark Delaney’s U23 group to fast-track his development.

• Thanks 1

Id rather see kelser given a chance than elmo at rb.

Elmo does a job for a one off. But a extended period at rb will be shit. We need to think of the future now. Rather see a youngster like kesler given some game time.

Also who would play rb if elmo gets injured? He played konsa there before but i think konsa is no good at rb. He is a brilliant cb leave him there

I'm not opposed to bringing Kesler in, but Elmo has to start IMO. Firstly because the PL is a different animal and you need a man in defence. Secondly, Elmo has been fairly solid when called upon. I'm quite alright with him stepping in for a short period of time. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm not opposed to bringing Kesler in, but Elmo has to start IMO. Firstly because the PL is a different animal and you need a man in defence. Secondly, Elmo has been fairly solid when called upon. I'm quite alright with him stepping in for a short period of time. 

same, i looked at the fixtures straight away thinking get him in a squad then look to start him towards the end of the run but then leicester wrong game, leeds wrong game, wolves with neto or switching traore wrong game, newcastle are shit but if they put ASM on him then maybe wrong game, probably spurs wrong game, then its internationals, then fulham which would probably be a great game for him...i hope cash is back in 6 weeks

we could obviously chuck him in at the deep end like he was vs liverpool and he was fine in that game but theres no "easy" game coming up to earmark for him starting

definitely hope he makes his debut at some point though

I wonder if their might be a temptation to play both Kesler and Elmohamady, both can play on the right wing or right back, so you could start Kesler and have Elmohaady just in front to help him, or you could have Elmohamady at right back, with Kesler playing on the wing,

getting used to premier league football in a position where if he makes a mistake it isn't likely to be as costly as if he made the same mistake in defence, and he's very fast and direct himself, so could add something to our attack, also they could both double up on Barnes if they were to both play against Leicester.

One negative to all that though is that to accomodate both of them in the team we'd have to leave out Traore, and might lose something going forward.

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

same, i looked at the fixtures straight away thinking get him in a squad then look to start him towards the end of the run but then leicester wrong game, leeds wrong game, wolves with neto or switching traore wrong game, newcastle are shit but if they put ASM on him then maybe wrong game, probably spurs wrong game, then its internationals, then fulham which would probably be a great game for him...i hope cash is back in 6 weeks

we could obviously chuck him in at the deep end like he was vs liverpool and he was fine in that game but theres no "easy" game coming up to earmark for him starting

definitely hope he makes his debut at some point though

We might as well never play him if every gamss nit the right game for him! Sometimes throwing them in the deep end can be very beneficial. 

Can see our right side being a problem next few games and teams looking to expose that

• Like 1

Kesler turned eighteen in October. If he does make an appearance in one the of the coming games it will mean he will have played for the U18s, U23s and the first team within the space of a month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Is this a serious comment? Guilbert was clearly our first choice last season. He started the majority of games at right back and the vast majority of games when he was fit. 

even when guilbert was fit we played konsa at RB. Majority of project restart games was Konsa RB with guilbert on the bench. That's the extent to which Smith doesn't rate him

Definitely too soon for kesler. If it ends up that we're comfortably mid table with zero chance of relegation i reckon that will be when we see him, if even then.

if something happened to elmo, we'd see konsa RB before kesler i reckon

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, it's a serious comment. Guilbert got dropped toward the end of the season, then has made fewer benches than Elmo this season, then was allowed to leave on loan.

We can debate it all we want but it’s bizarre to suggest Elmo was always ahead of Guilbert in the pecking order when he played about half as many games as Guilbert last season. The games Guilbert didn’t play were mostly injury led or a few games at the start of the season when Dean stuck with Elmo and Taylor for loyalty or continuity. Guilbert picked up two or three injuries later in the season but was generally our preferred right back when fit. Dean even went with Konsa over Elmo after restart when Guilbert was nursing a knee injury. We then went for a better player in Cash, which is fair enough, and Guilbert went public with comments that he’d been misled. It’s from here that he’s been pretty much frozen out this season and I think it’s a big mistake to have let him go. It reminds me of something MON would have done. It’s easy to pick one player over another for the bench when it’s unlikely either of them are going to actually play but I think a sustained run of games with Elmo in the team could really hurt us. 

15 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Is this a serious comment? Guilbert was clearly our first choice last season. He started the majority of games at right back and the vast majority of games when he was fit. 

Is this a serious comment?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

We can debate it all we want but it’s bizarre to suggest Elmo was always ahead of Guilbert in the pecking order when he played about half as many games as Guilbert last season. The games Guilbert didn’t play were mostly injury led or a few games at the start of the season when Dean stuck with Elmo and Taylor for loyalty or continuity. Guilbert picked up two or three injuries later in the season but was generally our preferred right back when fit. Dean even went with Konsa over Elmo after restart when Guilbert was nursing a knee injury. We then went for a better player in Cash, which is fair enough, and Guilbert went public with comments that he’d been misled. It’s from here that he’s been pretty much frozen out this season and I think it’s a big mistake to have let him go. It reminds me of something MON would have done. It’s easy to pick one player over another for the bench when it’s unlikely either of them are going to actually play but I think a sustained run of games with Elmo in the team could really hurt us. 

Two points:

1 - when Cash was suspended against Burnley, who played? Who sat on the bench?

2 - who is still at the club, and who has left?

I don't think you're being unreasonable or anything about this, I just think you're wrong).

If you like Guilbert, fair enough. There's a video of him in the loan thread getting an assist this week, putting in a nice cross. I have no problem with the guy, I just don't think he's good enough to be a Premier League right back. I don't think Elmo is either for anything more than emergencies, but he has pretty clearly moved in front of Guilbert in the pecking order.

I'm pretty confident that neither will be at the club next season.

49 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

it’s bizarre to suggest Elmo was always ahead of Guilbert in the pecking order when he played about half as many games as Guilbert last season. The games Guilbert didn’t play were mostly injury led or a few games at the start of the season when Dean stuck with Elmo and Taylor for loyalty or continuity. Guilbert picked up two or three injuries later in the season but was generally our preferred right back when fit. Dean even went with Konsa over Elmo after restart when Guilbert was nursing a knee injury. We then went for a better player in Cash, which is fair enough

I agree with this.

Last season Guilbert was the first choice right back.

This season he wasn't/isn't. Probably because neither he nor Elmo were going to be first choice once we signed Cash, one of them would be let go on loan to play. Freddie was the one allowed to go, maybe because age, maybe because of his comments, maybe because Elmo is more versatile...who know. But this season Elmo is the reserve right back, unarguably.

Hopefully he isn't out for too long.

Bar the energy I don't think defensively Elmo will do much worse than Cash. Going forward, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure Cash has really been bombing on and hitting the byline? I don't think we lose too too much from Elmo stepping in for a few games as Elmo's deep crossing has always been quite tidy. 

I'm hoping him coming in won't be too big of a disaster. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I only worry if Elmo can stay fit.

The dynamic or our game definitely changes with Elmo in the squad IMO.

Although, what he lacks in speed and running, he can make up for with pin point crosses.

Â