Matty Cash

paul514

59 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think the praise is a little OTT, in my opinion - he's getting better and is definitely a good RB but he's not as good as Targett is, for example. He hasn't had as much time, though, and I think he'll get better and better. 

I don't know about being OTT but I agree in some respects. I think Cash next season will become this season's Targett, at least I hope so!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

I don't know about being OTT but I agree in some respects. I think Cash next season will become this season's Targett, at least I hope so!

This season he is thriving off adrenelin and his will to win. As we become better and control the ball more and more over the coming seasons i think we will see his real quality on the ball shine through. 60 games as a full back in his life and performing to this level already. Think there is major upside in performance to come unbelievably

• Like 1

Targett has the benefit of playing behind Jack, which means that most teams are so intent on stopping Jack that there's not much in the way of overlapping runs from full backs etc. Cash mostly plays behind Traore, who let's be fair, doesn't exactly put the hugest of shifts in.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

I think he will too. To explain what I meant by OTT, it's not that I don't think he deserves praise for his overall game, it's just that I think there are things to work on, particularly defensively. That's not a bad thing, though, and the steady improvement he's shown indicates that he'll probably get there - it's easy to forget that he's a converted winger that only started playing top flight football about 20 games ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Risso said:

Targett has the benefit of playing behind Jack, which means that most teams are so intent on stopping Jack that there's not much in the way of overlapping runs from full backs etc. Cash mostly plays behind Traore, who let's be fair, doesn't exactly put the hugest of shifts in.

That's not fair, though, or accurate - Traore works hard for the team and runs as much as he can. The fitness required of our wingers is massive because of the system we play and the English game is a lot more demanding than the French or Dutch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Risso said:

Spot on mate

18 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Another great game. Would it he unrealistic to suggest that the value of Cash, Watkins and Martinez have doubled since we signed them in the summer? 

Martinez would have trippled his value imo. 

For me I'd currently value them at:

Martinez = £60

Watkins = £40m

Cash = £20m

Or to put it differently, about the same as small heath's debt 🤣

Edited by av1

4 hours ago, av1 said:

Martinez would have trippled his value imo. 

For me I'd currently value them at:

Martinez = £60

Watkins = £40m

Cash = £20m

Or to put it differently, about the same as small heath's debt 🤣

I'd be furious if we sold Cash for £20m. Would we be able to find another player of that caliber for that amount of money? I doubt it.

I thought buying Cash for 16m was overkill because I thought Freddy was pretty decent and Elmo was decent backup. Oh how I was wrong. Shows the difference a truly quality player makes over a "pretty decent" one. He's superb, and 16m seems a snip now.

19 hours ago, lexicon said:

I think the praise is a little OTT, in my opinion - he's getting better and is definitely a good RB but he's not as good as Targett is, for example. He hasn't had as much time, though, and I think he'll get better and better. 

I think Cash is better than Targett, but that's opinions. 

I love watching Cash fly on his flank. Like I said in the match thread, I love it that he's just as fast as the wingers he plays against. And he gives his everything, never jogs back.

Edited by AVTuco

15 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Immense player that will only keep improving. Has a great attitude too.

We should keep looking to the championship to pick up other gem's like Matty Cash.

I would certainly hope we are looking to the Championship and below for our new full backs to challenge the Matts, there must be some talented youngsters coming through that would be able to come in and provide good back up/ push for starts. I dare say you even have some suggestions!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, picicata said:

I would certainly hope we are looking to the Championship and below for our new full backs to challenge the Matts, there must be some talented youngsters coming through that would be able to come in and provide good back up/ push for starts. I dare say you even have some suggestions!

Sure do mate:-

RB - Omar Richards (Reading)

Pity Harry Pickering (Crewe Left Back) signed for Blackburn as he is a good player.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Â