Matty Cash

paul514

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

Thought he's banned for gambling stuff?

Banned because the FA don't want to upset their sponsors you mean.

He was banned for 10 weeks by the FA which was suspended by FIFA (pending appeal) because the ban in the first place was a load of b******s. I can see it having indirect negative effects on his international career though - not getting picked for squads - as the FA won't want to lose face with the betting companies regardless of what FIFA decide.

Edited by sparrow1988

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I love Cash. He's great.

He ain't getting near England squad until WC qualifiers at the earliest. Poland should be all over him.

Trent, James, Tripper, Walker, Wan-Bissaka, Maitland-Niles all ahead of him.

Plus you've now got Lamptey and Hudson-Odoi playing as wide players in front of a back three.

He's got an incredible battle on his hands to get 5 career caps which is very unfortunate.

I really don't rate Bissaka

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Banned because the FA don't want to upset their sponsors you mean.

He was banned for 10 weeks by the FA which was suspended by FIFA (pending appeal) because the ban in the first place was a load of b******s. I can see it having indirect negative effects on his international career though - not getting picked for squads - as the FA won't want to lose face with the betting companies regardless of what FIFA decide.

Banned because he had the temerity to tell his nearest and dearest that he was leaving the country to move to Spain to continue his career... and bookies allowed people to place bets on an occurence that was down to something other than what happens on the field...

Same with what happened to Wayne Shaw (The Roley-Poley goalie) when The Scum newspaper decided to take bets that he would eat a pie at half time... and he did (actually it was a pasty or a sausage roll)... but because they offered the bet, people took it... and because he went through with it, he was influencing the outcome of the betting, the bookies had to pay out... and it was him that lost his job...

Corrupt as ****

• Like 2

Shame for Cash but great for Villa that there is such a deep class of talent at RB for England at the minute. He won't get a look in with Wan Bissaka, Reece James and Trent. But he's immense. Puts everything on the line. For a converted Winger he's probably better in defence than attack too.. what a signing

What a player this lad is. Unbelievable fitness, really skilful and doesn't give the opposition wide players any time on the ball at all. I can't think of a better right back in the league to be honest.

• Like 2

On 02/02/2021 at 02:05, Tomaszk said:

I love Cash. He's great.

He ain't getting near England squad until WC qualifiers at the earliest. Poland should be all over him.

Trent, James, Tripper, Walker, Wan-Bissaka, Maitland-Niles all ahead of him.

Plus you've now got Lamptey and Hudson-Odoi playing as wide players in front of a back three.

He's got an incredible battle on his hands to get 5 career caps which is very unfortunate.

James Justin too.

The thing I really like about Cash is that he clearly has some skill in his locker, but he only uses it when he needs to. A very disciplined player who puts the team first. Like Martinez, he has just slotted in immediately with no time needed to find his feet. Expect him to be a key player for us for a long time.

• Like 1

I think the praise is a little OTT, in my opinion - he's getting better and is definitely a good RB but he's not as good as Targett is, for example. He hasn't had as much time, though, and I think he'll get better and better. 

Â