Iceland v England/Denmark v England

andykeenan

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Wow, Southgate paints himself into a corner. Even worse than vs Iceland. Zero midfield, no ball player, ball carrier, all long balls. Absolutely crying out for Grealish and Mount but it won’t happen.

I have never seen Sancho play well?

Sancho is playing? Seriously though the only real creative player we have is Sterling. 

Just now, thunderball said:

5 at the back and 2 DM’s. Absolutely shocking.

It’s hilarious. I can’t believe no one has a word with Southgate at halftime to point out how badly he’s set up. Mount on for Rice probably second half. 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Going for the possession and passing stats generated by meaningless 5 yard passes at the back 

They know the knives are out, nobody wants the ball, we’ve seen it all too often with England.

It was so weird. Alan Smith said something about how the game was crying out for a ballplayer in the middle, like Grealish.

10 mins later, he references his previous comment and says how Grealish is only viewed as a wide player.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Phillips is really good at turning around and passing it back to the defenders isn't he

To be fair that's not that bad, I've got no problem with Phillips playing

But not in this line up, it's him or rice with then a forward thinking midfielder ahead of him 

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

It was so weird. Alan Smith said something about how the game was crying out for a ballplayer in the middle, like Grealish.

10 mins later, he references his previous comment and says how Grealish is only viewed as a wide player.

A few pages back I said they sound like they are PR agents as they say things which fit Southgate's decisions 

Harsh on Phillips, you can't judge individuals too much when the tosspot in the dugout has set them up like this.

I'd happily see Southgate sacked for a manager that plays the team to its strengths, this is **** shit.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Someone triggered his shock collar. 

The FA and their stooges are at it again.

Â