Iceland v England/Denmark v England

andykeenan

It's really not good enough, with this squad of players, to perform like that. Don't think any of the players have been able to show their true talent and that's a shame. 

Southgate has been found out and I don't think even our very own Jack would make much of a difference to this shower of a show. Fwiw Philip's has been my pick of the DM. 

Let's hope he can change our shape in the second half no matter who is on the pitch if we set up like this we are going to struggle .

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It was so weird. Alan Smith said something about how the game was crying out for a ballplayer in the middle, like Grealish.

10 mins later, he references his previous comment and says how Grealish is only viewed as a wide player.

Neville referencing every player that could make a difference even those not in the squad but Grealish.

It's a campaign now.

Hopefully it'll pick up in the second half now I'm not watching the tour highlights or dealing with procrastinating kids and have stuck the radio on.  Or I'll have angered the footballing gods and somehow make that 0-0 against Algeria a few years ago look like a thriller...

Looking at the first half I'd say for half an hour it was a null and void game. There was nothing happening. For the last 15 minutes, Denmark were the better side.

England have to change it at half-time. You don't need two anchors in the middle of the park. I'm sorry, you don't.

It was very, very poor. England look too rigid - there's no movement. You need creativity and you need to get Jack Grealish or Mason Mount on at half-time.

If it was me, I'd get both of them on.

Chris Waddle

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

He really is, Doug would look to turn, carry a few yards before picking his pass - FORWARDS.

Not under Gareth he wouldn't. You can only stand on the spot and play the ball the way your facing. Only when you are facing the oppo goal can you proceed to launch it into orbit.

Â