Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

7 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

Really can't see us dropping the £40m they want considering we now have Watkins, Wesley, Traore and Davis as options.

Wesley is injured and Traore is a winger. That cuts your options by half.

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Traore is actually a pretty adept centre forward. Most of his goals for Lyon came in that position. Much like Watkins, he's capable of rotating his position and he brings something different depending on where he plays.

This is the sort of player Smith seems to want. The question is, can Edouard do the same or is he more rigid?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

The question is, can Edouard do the same or is he more rigid?

I can’t believe we haven’t had a Kenneth Williams gif for this. Standards are slipping. I blame the demise of the Rashica thread, life just isn’t the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would absolutely love Edouard.  What a player.  But it depends what we could get him for and what our total budget is.  

Would I rather pay £40m on Edouard or £18m for Rashica plus, say, £18m for Philip Billings and still have £4m left to get a young left back in to compete with Targett?  Definitely, at this stage, the latter.  But if I could have all 4 ...... !!!! 

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would definately pay £30m for Edouard.

£22m for Rashica

£20m for Rico Henry

£15m for a backup but promising CB

£??m for another Midfielder.

Ignoring the prices.

I think the 1st two positions are crucial we get good quality before the window shuts...

colin jost spit GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I can’t believe we haven’t had a Kenneth Williams gif for this. Standards are slipping. I blame the demise of the Rashica thread, life just isn’t the same. 

Hardly bother looking at the site anymore. Lost its sparkle 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, striker said:

He isn't going to be injured forever is he? They aren't writing off a £20m investment after one season. Traore is comfortable in both positions. He even called himself a striker in his interview with VillaTV.

10 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

He isn't going to be injured forever is he? They aren't writing off a £20m investment after one season. Traore is comfortable in both positions. He even called himself a striker in his interview with VillaTV.

He’s going to be injured until at least January and then nobody really knows if he will come back 100%. That’s certainly too big a risk not to be covered but it doesn’t mean to say he’s been written off. I agree Traoré could cover CF, but that leaves us short of pace out wide. We left ourselves without a genuine goal scorer last season after January I doubt very much that we will want to make the same mistake again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ha! It wouldn't be the first time a woman has squirted over my face..   :rolleyes:

KW and squirting...? Erm....this is the best i could do:

tenor (7).gif

• Haha 4

Â