Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Seriously? They can have 30m and we’ll chuck in Hogan, Davis and Lansbury for free.  Don’t worry about any loans, they are all yours.

I will even hire the van and pay the petrol to drive them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Seriously? They can have 30m and we’ll chuck in Hogan, Davis and Lansbury for free.  Don’t worry about any loans, they are all yours.

Harsh to include Davis in that list to be fair. The other two I agree fully with.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Harsh to include Davis in that list to be fair. The other two I agree fully with.

Nah that was the bonus for us.  Hopefully he might at least score once or twice a season in the SPL.

47 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If Edouard had a chance of being the next Mbappe I am not sure Aston Villa and Celtic would be the clubs in this sentence. But I do agree with you I would love us to sign Tammy and can’t think of any more ‘guaranteed’ a goalscorer for us. I just don’t think he will leave Chelsea.

I wouldn't be completely stunned if Abraham becomes available on loan towards the end of the window. Chelsea might not want to sell outright (at this stage anyway) and the player himself might not be keen to burn his bridges completely with his hometown club. 

But if he's struggling to make the bench even in the early part of the campaign, a loan stint at a top flight club might be better for his development.  A lot can change in football in 12 months. Who knows, a year from now Fat Fwank might not be there and a forward who has had another season bagging circa 20 goals solves one area for the new Chelsea manager. 

Conversely, if Lampard stays and Tammy has had another successful loan period (with us, ideally) he might be convinced we're the best long term option. 

If there are deals to be done with Edouard and even Watkins I'd still do them.  A loan move wouldn't be instead of that. Watkins (and even Tammy himself) can play as a wide forward as and when required. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, astondalston said:

He's out of Celtics squad for the CL game tonight... 

I live in Leicester. Everyone here thinks he will be turning out for the Foxes next season. Hope it’s not true cos I would love him at VP

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I live in Leicester. Everyone here thinks he will be turning out for the Foxes next season. Hope it’s not true cos I would love him at VP

He probably will since they just got £50M from Chelsea so they can afford to bid higher than us.

We'd be lucky to get 50 quid for any of the players we're actually willing to sell, let alone 50 million.

22 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Totally agree on Davis, still filed potential for me. Hogan and Lansbury can need to go!

24 minutes ago, astondalston said:

He's out of Celtics squad for the CL game tonight... 

Just noticed Sergei Rebrov is the opposing manager tonight - there was a fantastic player who flopped big time in the premier league! 

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Makes perfect sense to be fair. Rogers loves him and they now have the money. Shame.

16 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He probably will since they just got £50M from Chelsea so they can afford to bid higher than us.

We'd be lucky to get 50 quid for any of the players we're actually willing to sell, let alone 50 million.

and what does that tell you?

4 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Makes perfect sense to be fair. Rogers loves him and they now have the money. Shame.

Yes it does and whilst Edouard has already featured for Celtic in champs league qualifiers I believe he could still play in the Europa League but not another champs league team 

maybe we’ll end up with Ineacho

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Yes it does and whilst Edouard has already featured for Celtic in champs league qualifiers I believe he could still play in the Europa League but not another champs league team 

maybe we’ll end up with Ineacho

Very possible! Even though not truly exciting, I'd take him over Watkins. Still only 23.

Edited by SeanVilla
  • Like 1

I don't think Leicester selling Chillwell is going to make them any more likely to bid for Édouard, if they want him they'll bid for him regardless, it's not like now they've got some money in they're suddenly going to bid way more for Édouard than he's worth, more than likely if they want him they will make a bid that we will be able to match and then it will be up to the player to decide.

More than likely he'd chose Leicester, but point being I don't think them selling Chillwell has any bearing on the situation.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think Leicester selling Chillwell is going to make them any more likely to bid for Édouard, if they want him they'll bid for him regardless, it's not like now they've got some money in they're suddenly going to bid way more for Édouard than he's worth, more than likely if they want him they will make a bid that we will be able to match and then it will be up to the player to decide.

More than likely he'd chose Leicester, but point being I don't think them selling Chillwell has any bearing on the situation.

You say that but a lot of clubs are not in the position we are in that can just spend spend spend without selling. I remember an article saying Leicester may sell Iheanacho to raise funds this summer, so it's not out of the question that now they have got a handsome fee for Chilwell it's persuades them to make a bid for a player Rogers is very keen on. What they won't be doing now, is waiting for Iheanacho to leave before signing his replacement (Edouard). No way they'd risk losing out on him. Could get Edouard and Chilwell replacement with that £50+ mill. 

Â