Jaden Philogene

Kingman

11 hours ago, nick76 said:

Now you’ve gone and done it 😂 Minds will be exploding at these suggestions by some…. 

The poor people just want a quiet Sunday night and now you have agitated them 😂

I know Kiwis mind exploded it seemed 🤣

There always someone waiting for a guys like us to come around on VT because we think outside the box, we are not in the box thinking, we take things change them and they don't always work out but there you go I think that formation did Nick. 

You see we have a fast Target and a fast Cash who can make that system work a treat rather than using 3 CBs that are slow.

Edited by Dave-R

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Horrific. If Smith read this he'd laugh his arse off. You have 2 full backs in a back 3 absolutely bananas. 3 at the back is 3 CBs with the fullbacks playing in the midfield as wing backs

So I take it you don't agree then Kiwi with that method.

I mean I see nothing wrong in it and it can actually work even though it's unorthodox.

I don't think Smith or any other coach or manager would laugh at that considering it's an actual formation and it is used in football. People like our Coach take these formations swirl them around in there head and see how they can make them better or tweak them. I think more so this is you that's not accepting of it and that's fine your entitled to that view.

The system is made for speed and adapted for speed Kiwi, it's not your three CB approach and it's designed to work the wings fast from defence to final third. That's why it's best to use younger players.

Edited by Dave-R

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This is just false. Looked at several games last season. Back 3 for Chelsea was Rudiger Silva James with Chilwell and Azpi playing in the 4 of 343. Tierney and Cresswell play in back 4. The latter CBs Ogbonna and Dawson. Can you provide example game that shows otherwise?

I'm not just talking about last season, some of these examples may be from 2 or 3 seasons ago. Hence formation changes over time. Even then you highlight Reece James playing in Chelsea's back 3 and he is a full back, not a centre back!

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

OK where does Jaden fit in these teams?

He should be targetting taking over AEG (and Trez) off the bench.

As it stands, that would put him as second reserve off the bench in attack behind Traore. First reserve if Jack leaves as Traore likely starts then (until we bring another in).

The latter is a big challenge but it's what he should be targetting. 

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

So I take it you don't agree then Kiwi with that method.

I mean I see nothing wrong in it and it can actually work even though it's unorthodox.

I don't think Smith or any other coach or manager would laugh at that considering it's an actual formation and it is used in football. People like our Coach take these formations swirl them around in there head and see how they can make them better or tweak them. I think more so this is you that's not accepting of it and that's fine your entitled to that view.

The system is made for speed and adapted for speed Kiwi, it's not your three CB approach and it's designed to work the wings fast from defence to final third. That's why it's best to use younger players.

It's a complete joke of a formation that no one plays because they'd be beaten 10-0 but you've just used it to hijack the JPB thread  because of Tammy

14 hours ago, Dave-R said:

What about this Nick, this will really get the Nay sayers balls busted:

See Watkins used to play RW at Brentford

Tammy

Bailey-Grealish-Watkins

Buendia

Or

Tammy

Watkins

Grealish-Buendia-Bailey

Nakamba/Luiz Mcginn/Sanson

Target-Ming's/Konsa-Cash

Martinez

Watkins could play behind Tammy considering Tammy is a sniper in the box and Watkins could play as a free Winger/Striker role, could be dangerous attack with Grealish and Bailey at there flanks and Buendia as cam.

3-2-3-2 you have 2 strikers, 3 midfielders & 2 supporting players between the centre sweeper & the left & right full backs. The formation gives players the opportunity to play the ball in diamond,V or W formation great especially for younger players you can play wide along the wing or straight up the midfield.

Can see the formations and how they line up on this page https://www.football-lineups.com/tactic/3-2-3-2

Not sure what you think of that formation Nick or anyone else?

Not sure we'll be allowed 14 players on the pitch mate.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Not sure we'll be allowed 14 players on the pitch mate.

There not 14 players lol those with / are options and 3 areas have 6 optional players.

I think personally I've underestimated JPB's likeliness of breaking into the first team until now. Potentially it was because of the false dawns we've had with similar wingers over the years (Jordan Graham, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Andre Green come to mind).

Despite him getting minutes alongside Carney at the end of last season, it has seemed there has been more excitement with Carney's potential (alongside Louie Barry and Aaron Ramsey too). From what we've seen in pre-season now he has seemingly spent a decent amount of time with the first team there is a very good chance this guy saves us a lot of money should we be looking for a LW replacement. He's known for being very productive in terms of end product which seemingly one of the most difficult parts for a young winger to add to their game, so the goals in pre-season could go a long way for him being seen as a real option next season.

Looking forward to seeing what he can achieve with some minutes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZL- said:

I think personally I've underestimated JPB's likeliness of breaking into the first team until now. Potentially it was because of the false dawns we've had with similar wingers over the years (Jordan Graham, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Andre Green come to mind).

Despite him getting minutes alongside Carney at the end of last season, it has seemed there has been more excitement with Carney's potential (alongside Louie Barry and Aaron Ramsey too). From what we've seen in pre-season now he has seemingly spent a decent amount of time with the first team there is a very good chance this guy saves us a lot of money should we be looking for a LW replacement. He's known for being very productive in terms of end product which seemingly one of the most difficult parts for a young winger to add to their game, so the goals in pre-season could go a long way for him being seen as a real option next season.

Looking forward to seeing what he can achieve with some minutes.

For as much as everyone has been raving about Carney, JPB has been the most consistent of our youngsters this preseason and looks like he'd do well on loan to a Championship side for the first half of the season.  Depending on how well he does, he could go back out on loan or join up with our 1st team in January.  I've been very impressed with him so far.  He's a great young player.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

This is just false. Looked at several games last season. Back 3 for Chelsea was Rudiger Silva James with Chilwell and Azpi playing in the 4 of 343. Tierney and Cresswell play in back 4. The latter CBs Ogbonna and Dawson. Can you provide example game that shows otherwise?

Just on Cresswell, he played as the left sided CB in a back 5 quite a lot last season. 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just on Cresswell, he played as the left sided CB in a back 5 quite a lot last season. 

I'll give you that but without looking in depth heat maps I'd wager Masuaku was playing more LM than LB and was basically traditional back 4. 2 FBs that get forward a lot in a back 3 is still complete nonsense

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'll give you that but without looking in depth heat maps I'd wager Masuaku was playing more LM than LB and was basically traditional back 4. 2 FBs that get forward a lot in a back 3 is still complete nonsense

Yeah, I think you’re right. They played one of those asymmetric 5-3-2 formations where one side (in this case the left) pushes higher than the other. Sort of like a back 4 in attack but Masuaku worked back to make it a 5 in defence.

Tierney also played a similar role when Arsenal played a back 3. 

Edited by sparrow1988

Great potential - definitely got the physical attributes, it's now about getting the mental ones/decision making through experience of playing against seniors. Hope he gets a decent amount of minutes this season. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

😍 Watch this, forget about Jack for the time being.

clearly a talented lad, i think he's just lacking a bit of composure currently, hopefully that will come as he gains experience.

I think a few of those tricks and flick would have come off if he just relaxed and was a little more composed, perfectly normal thought in sure, he's still getting in to the first team thing!

One thing worth noting though, he worked really hard, good lad!

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Â