Fixtures 20/21

Demitri_C

I actually think December is okay and probably the month where we can pick up with the most points. And we'll need those points because of the inevitable slide down the table from the start of April onwards. Either way, I'd just like to not be involved in the last day of the season for once. not in a Tim Sherwood/Remi garde way, though...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Bit of a pain getting City because of them starting a week later, no opening weekend fun for us. 

Looks like we’re starting of with the EFL Cup then.

Agreed, happy about the extra week of pre-season but on a selfish fan level, it's going to suck not being involved in the excitement of the first weekend!

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah, they wont be. Back in the canoe we go

Thought so.  I know my local non-league team are allowed 15% for a couple of games from 31st August rising to 30% capacity but I can't see that happening in the PL any time soon.  There are going to be a lot of disappointed fans who ordinarily would be at the games.

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

and most prem teams take full allocations these days anyway. it's only the likes of fulham and burnley that don't travel well

It’s one thing having 4 or 5 thousand plastics showing up from just round the corner but a completely different story when 4 or 5 thousand Villa Boys From Aston descend on your manor. UTV!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wasn't sure this morning, but now I'm thinking the extra week of pre-season might do us some good. This year has been long enough already, players will be tired with the short break, we will get to watch our opposition before we play them while they won't have seen us in a competitive match. Starting a week later will give any new players some extra time on the training pitch to develop a rhythm with the squad. Starting at home to Sheffield then away to Fulham is a great opportunity for us to start well. :flag:

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Be interesting to see how the Championship wedge eight extra games into this timeframe - are they allowed to play on Champions league nights?

Pretty sure championship games have been played on Cl nights. 

• Like 2

So am I right it is only the two manchester team who are missing the first week and hence us and burnley will also have to miss? If so, why can't the PL just swap round those fixtures, ie we play Burnley on first day, those two Manchester teams could play once they are happy to do so whenever that its. This should be a problem for them to deal with, not us nor Burnley.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/08/2020 at 19:42, HongKongVillan said:

So am I right it is only the two manchester team who are missing the first week and hence us and burnley will also have to miss? If so, why can't the PL just swap round those fixtures, ie we play Burnley on first day, those two Manchester teams could play once they are happy to do so whenever that its. This should be a problem for them to deal with, not us nor Burnley.

Yes that's right. It would have seemed sensible to have done as you suggest, but they didn't want to do that, did they? On the positive side, it gives us another couple of days to get a couple of new signings in, for our first match. ;)

image.jpeg.f92fe75ba0b25bdee0f06e6dc6e0a479.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

We have a nice run from the end of October all the way to Christmas to pick up points of:

Brighton 

West Ham

Newcastle

Wolves

Burnley

West Brom

Palace

Will probably determine what type of season we'll likely be in for by the end. Can't wait.

Â