Fixtures 20/21

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Absolutely. Everyone else mixing new signings straight into matchday squads while we have a bit longer to integrate them properly.

Yep. 

With the shorter off season, an extra week rest is never a bad thing. We also have a winnable first game instead of a guaranteed tanking. 

No negative for me.

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i kinda hope they make a blanket rule set at start that there will be no away fans this season. the best away days are pre-xmas anyway so we wont be going. but it could transpire that we have no fans at wolves or baggies but they take fans to VP

We have one of if not the best away following in the country, why would we want no away fans??

Edited by DaveAV1

November-December fixtures will define our season, we need to pick up a lot of points in those games.

With the transfer window not closing until the 5th of October the squads will in most cases be a mess or unfinished.

I don't feel that great about our squad in it's current state and we face 2 of the newly promoted side early on. Hopefully their squads will in a even worse shape. 

We face City and Plop before the CL-group stages start in late October (but those games are a loss anyway unless divine intervention) so no help there and the other 2 CL club Chelsea and Manure we face after the group stages so no help there either. 

Just gotta hope our players are not called up for international duty as there is also 8 International games to squeeze in during the autumn.

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

We have one of if not the best away following in the country, why would we want no away fans??

for the reason i just mentioned regarding the derby games. any away fans wont be going until the new year at the earliest

and most prem teams take full allocations these days anyway. it's only the likes of fulham and burnley that don't travel well

Playing Fulham in September is good. I imagine them (plus Leeds and Baggies) will be a fair few players short of how they’d like to start, with the transfer window not closed until a few weeks after.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looking at potential dates for the Citeh game is tight - I'd guess at 19th January - there's really not much space in this season.

its whether or not they explore options with sky and make us play a game on a Friday night followed by a Monday or Tuesday 

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looking at potential dates for the Citeh game is tight - I'd guess at 19th January - there's really not much space in this season.

Could be as early as the 15th September.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

its whether or not they explore options with sky and make us play a game on a Friday night followed by a Monday or Tuesday 

Can't see it - with the number of international games and Citeh's Champions league requirements, I don't think there are enough free midweeks to make it easy. It'd mean City playing Friday, Monday and Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The difficulty is all the midweek (tues/weds) slots for City are spoken for until January (presuming they make it through the first two rounds of the league cup)

I think the fixture list is alright for us, new year and run-in aside

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think most seasons it would be, but this year with the season shortened by five weeks it's likely to mean we play a tough run of fixtures in a short space of time. Progress in the League cup could be a real hindrance this season.

There's a couple of little runs where the have runs - the four games in twelve days at the end of January/beginning of Feb will be tough - avoiding injuries will be crucial this year.

That’s why I think we will carry a larger squad into this season than we would otherwise would have done.

Â