Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I can only imagine how Leeds fans are reacting with him being picked over Bamford.

driving chris farley GIF

You absolute asshole. Was reading this kind of needing a wee and you made me laugh too much 😳

• Haha 3

He’s earned it through his hard work and drive to improve his game. Really pleased for him. He must be thrilled.

I’ll even put to one side my general dislike of Villa players getting involved with the England squad, which hasn’t always ended well in the past. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Where do you rank Toney compared to Watkins and Maupay?

Three different types of players, Maupay's work rate was questionable at times, but he knew how to score goals, Ollie a workhorse, rarely went missing, skilful and full of running, incredibly fit, again knows how to score goals, Ivan has all Ollie's attributes, but his assist rate is much better and he also is not afraid to track back and defend, so Ivan just shades it for me over Ollie. 

It’s ironic that if we don’t go up Ivan will be on his way for Approx £30 million, means that apart for 2 games with 2000 in attendance due to lockdown, we won’t have seen him play apart from on TV, and that’s got to be some sort of record!!!, So we then  just look for the next gem.

6 hours ago, jonjon said:

Ker-ching!! More Money for us!!, Seriously, Very well done to Ollie, I did forecast that he would play for England one day, has done so well for you and settled into the Prem with ease, We seem to have blown up again with resent results and will now struggle to get promotion yet again, if we don't, it looks like we will have another gem in Ivan Toney (27 goals already) for sale, at least another 30 Million will soften the blow, and we move on to find yet another replacement.

Bit surprised Ezra Konsa didn't get picked as well, I can't understand why Eric Dier keeps his place as he's rubbish, Ezra would have been my choice.

He's been ace for us Watkins has and a large bit of recognition to the training of him goes to Brentford as well. You can't knock the work Brentford do with there players.

This Toney has me wondering on what it'd be like to have him and Watkins at Villa.

I do think the reason Brentford don't get promotion is because they do sell their best players. I won't complain though because if Brentford can supply us with amazing players like you already have done with Watkins and Konsa, then that's amazing indeed.

We should really start calling Brentford, Villas sister team a feeder team that likes to earn and play in the championship and is very comfortable where it is at.

Konsa has kicked Diets ass all season and he's certainly been a more defensive rock than him. We had a convo on VT about Konsa the other night, is that you never hear him being announced throughout a game. I forgot who it were who said it in here but he said the best defenders are the silent ones who never get recognised, he is true on that. Konsa has been a blessing CB and he reminds me of our Great Ugo Ehiogu R.I.P.<-UGO never forgotten, but he's so much like him. He's got a bright future Konsa has.

I wish Brentford the best this season, hope they get promoted, I think the way they do business would be part of what football needs at the top. They are very good at highlighting talent before it's become talent then get those signings prepared.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

On 07/02/2021 at 15:57, Exeter Fan said:

He never looked the part until we loaned him out to WSM. He came back a different man. It was evident he was destined for the PL and eventually England once he started playing as he did the 18 months before he left us for Brentford 

Sir Oliver Watkins.

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I'd love to see him start over Kane.

Kane is obviously a great player but man he always looks like the game is such a hard slog, a smile now and again wouldn't go amiss!

Have you seen the hard slog Ollie is in week in, week out? Whilst having multiple long, overhit, underhit etc shite passes chucked at him? In the midst of being mauled by beasts?

Not scored for 6 league games and still gets called up. Shows just how much hard work he puts in for us.

Would be nice with a few goals for us now to celebrate him getting called up.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2021 at 14:36, Paddywhack said:

I can only imagine how Leeds fans are reacting with him being picked over Bamford.

driving chris farley GIF

I don't understand. That fella seems to be driving a bus full of children, and therefore it would seem he has a job. Not sure how that could possibly relate to Leeds fans?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have you seen the hard slog Ollie is in week in, week out? Whilst having multiple long, overhit, underhit etc shite passes chucked at him? In the midst of being mauled by beasts?

I mean Kane always looks miserable not Ollie. But yeah Ollie probably has good reason to be without Jack. His touch doesn't help him half the time though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I’m very pleased for Ollie but I think he’s a bit lucky to be chosen ahead of Bamford. 

I don't see how " Luck " comes into a hard choice.

Bamford might be " unlucky ", but the choice to choose Ollie over him wasn't an accident, or due to injury etc 

Southgate obviously thinks he offers more, or more of what he likes, to the team etc.

I can almost guarantee Bamford gets ALOT more service than Ollie does as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

25 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I’m very pleased for Ollie but I think he’s a bit lucky to be chosen ahead of Bamford. 

Not really, Bamford has some slightly better stats but Ollie has that plus all the additional things he offers the team plus Bamford is a dick!

• Like 2

Â