Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Real talk - to swap him out of my fantasy team, or keep him in?

What do we think, VT hive-mind?

Last week, I wildcarded to get in:

Son - hits both posts, off injured at HT

and Jimenez - managed to notch an OG

So what would I know? :D

• Haha 1

Yeah, he was just desperate to make an impression today, the goals and form will come & continue.

He has the perfect attitude to be a huge success, needs to settle into the team and get used to his new team mates & our style of play. He’s started well and will get better & better, looking like an excellent signing and just what we needed.

• Like 2

Watkins has energy and alot of defenders take him for granted I think, they think this lad with limited prem experience is easy to mark, Watkins can use that to his advantage.

He will pull the wool over some real good opposition players eyes this season I reckon.

To me Watkins is a fresh site to see. 

29 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Our second goal was all 100% Watkins and Jack.  Watkins dashes to the corner flag for a quick throw by Jack, holds it up, then passes it into space for Jack to latch onto, charge into the box, then plays a peach of a ball to McGinn to set up Hourihane for.  This was only possible because of the work ethic and quick thinking from Watkins and Grealish.  Samatta, Davis, or Wesley wouldn't have done that run that Watkins made.  That is one example of the quality he brings when he doesn't have the ball and how he adds another dimension to our attack.  

This lad is special.  I love how he runs into the channels, WINS long balls up from the back, and actually can hold on to to the ball/bring others into the attack with him.  He selflessly does so much for the team which will go unnoticed on the goals/assists tally, but he's the real deal.  I think some of his finishing was a bit gash today because he's desperate to get off the mark in the Premier League for us right now.  I think once he gets his first one or two league goals, he'll stop over thinking and start banging them in on the regular.  I'm extremely happy with this signing.  

Firstly I'll say your bang on there KMitch.

Secondly I'll simply say we had a striker in the championship, on loan who did much of what you say and it also went largely unoticed apart from his goal. Work up and down the pitch people dont notice at times, it goes under the radar because they see the goals and assists only and pay special attention to that.

So I Echo what you say that Ollie certainly is special and that the last time we had someone like that was where we came from to get back to where we are now. If Ollie can mirror the goal tallies of him as he has all and possibly more of his traits, 33 million is nothing is it. Quite possible if Ollie is a success here then it is in fact Brentford who lost out big time.

Watkins will do well at villa so long as we can supply him and drive in low crosses alot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Watkins has energy and alot of defenders take him for granted I think, they think this lad with limited prem experience is easy to mark, Watkins can use that to his advantage.

He will pull the wool over some real good opposition players eyes this season I reckon.

The bit in bold is another reason I think he is desperate to score.

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

He already mugged off slabhead Maguire. 

Oh wait you said good players

• Haha 1

He was very good today. Held up play well, absolutely excellent for the second goal, should have scored his header (forgivable), close to getting on the end of a cross/shot from Trez, and overall looked like a man ready to step up.

He’ll take a while to settle but will be a player for us. Can’t wait to see him in 3 months when he’s settled AND facing stuff competition from our previous record signing.

His time will come with goals and assists, his game gets him in the positions time and again. 

What's really promising is that he's a striker that may not score but absolutely ruin defences at the same time. His movement creates spaces for the wingers/midfielders to exploit and he has been whiskers away from a goal multiple times. Showing his worth for me without a doubt. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Between him and Jack, Dennis Odoi didn't know whether to stick or twist. Was being dragged around all over the place. 

Odoi was a walking red card again, if it had of been a strict ref, hed of been off with how Warkins and Grealish did his head in.

• Like 1

Very impressed. He works hard, very hard. Wants the ball constantly and doesn't let defenders settle.

Been crying out for this type of player for years (Tammy aside) 

Absolutely brilliant. Imagine if the fans were there, we would be feeding off each other.

Who are these great central defenders in the Premier League? Apart from Van Dijk are there many others that stand out? The Manchester clubs are struggling at the back and so are Chelsea. Arsenal too. Spurs don't look so solid these days. 

Ollie will get goals for sure. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Who are these great central defenders in the Premier League? Apart from Van Dijk are there many others that stand out? The Manchester clubs are struggling at the back and so are Chelsea. Arsenal too. Spurs don't look so solid these days. 

Ollie will get goals for sure. 

Sounds like they should all buy CB cover just in case the main pairing get injured 🙄

Â