Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Whilst you obviously want your striker to score goals the way we play is reliant on runs from midfield to break through the lines.  If he carries on playing like today goals will come but even when they don’t his contribution is massive.  Any fans that judge his game today just by his finishing doesn’t understand what he brings to the team in my opinion. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Calling it a poor game was probably a bit harsh.

Let me reprase.

He worked like a horse and certainly gave their defenders something to think about, but disappointing end product.

Would still liked Davis to get some minutes today, he deserved it after recent performances.

Argh you don’t get it. It’s not just hard work - it’s intelligent movement, linkup play, etc all done at pace. The end product is we won 3-0.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Real talk - to swap him out of my fantasy team, or keep him in?

What do we think, VT hive-mind?

I’m keeping him, he’s cheap and once he bags one the floodgates will open.

**** it, triple captain against Liverpool!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Real talk - to swap him out of my fantasy team, or keep him in?

What do we think, VT hive-mind?

I've left him out for now...he will probably (and hopefully) grab a few over the next matches, but our run of fixtures from after the November international break until Christmas is where I think he'll catch fire.

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Well I made him my captain this week. Didn't turn out so great, so don't take my advice :D 

Don't you dare drop him. Ollie as YOUR fantasy captain is the winning formula. 

• Like 1

Works hard and he's so mobile, always stretching defences out and making spaces - there were a couple of times tonight when his touch let him down and when he wasn't quite on the same wavelength as others, but he looks to me like a player that will do very well and is making a real difference to the way the team plays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Not intended to be a dig at Wesley but just look at the difference in what’s offered in a game in which they don’t score?  Ollie is going to be great for us.

Totally. Wesley was 0-2 in his first 2 games also but he offered absolutely nothing. What worried people about him after those 2 games is his whole game just looked so abject. Still think we should be able to take some retrospective action against Suso for crimes against football. Watkins looks legit. People on here know. Everyone saying the same thing.

Edited by Johnnyp

He was literally everywhere tonight. 

Can't remember a game with Wesley where he was so involved last season. A constant thorn in the side of the defenders. 

The goals WILL come but I get the impression he's going to bring so much more than goals. Going to open up more room for Jack and the other winger by dragging defenders all over the place. 

• Like 4

Very encouraging signs in each of his games so far. Determination, intelligence, workrate, pace and he’s not short on ability -  I think he’s a more complete player than Tammy.

It’s early days and we need to be supportive of him and patient, he needs time to settle but he’s already got goals and I can see him being fairly reliable for us. We shouldn’t be too quick to judge or be negative based upon a single game or two. 

Ollie alone has made our attack more dynamic and I’m hoping we will be adding another player or two to help out in that sense.

• Like 3

Â