Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Amazed people are criticising him. He’s been brilliant today, a couple of chances he should have done better with but I have mates texting me saying how sensational he looks and I was thinking the same. The goals will come. He’s just trying a little too hard but I haven’t seen a striker this good up front for us in a long time.

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

MOTM at HT even after that miss.

So good. Such a pain to play against.

Loads to improve on as well which is exciting.

ye, anyone criticising him for his overall play should get their posting rights revoked for 24hrs, its just idiotic.

ye he missed a chance, he's trying too hard, at least he was in the right place (again), it will come, chill out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I like a lot of what he does. Slightly concerned that decision making and quality in the final 3rd has been pretty poor so far. 

I thought he was very good. Positionally he's so aware. 2nd goal doesn't happen if he doesn't make the run for the throw, hold off the man and play Grealish through. He probably tried a little too hard at times but no worry about this bloke. At all.

Great pace.Ran the channels well. Absolutely mullered and bullied their centre halves with his back to goal.

He did everything tonight but score. Contrast to some of the nonsense people were trying to see in Wes and Samatta and he is light years ahead already.

He was excellent tonight. Yes, excellent.

• Like 1

No doubt he will get goals, hopefully sooner rather than later (prem that is!) - I see him getting goals against the so called big teams, - what he brings to the team other than goals is great,  only becomes an issue if a) others are not scoring or b) he is not getting chances or creating them

Edited by MattVillaPortsmouth

Hes certainly a good runner of the ball which is what we lacked from Samatta. Watkins will even take his man on and succeed, hes quick, got good turn rate and has positioning down to a T.

One thing with Watkins is that when he feels let down by a failed attempt,he doesnt let it get him down, he takes that and tries, moves on and keeps going, we need that from a striker. 

• Like 1

Â