Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

8 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Julian Joachim was backup to Yorke and Milosevic 1996-97 but grabbed a nice few goals.

In 97-98, even though we signed Collymore, he seemed to get much more involved, sometimes playing wide.

98-99 he pretty much became first choice and ditto 99-00. 

He was a solid player for us and good for a goal.

Ollie for me has the potential to be our best PL era striker if he keeps it up for another 2 seasons!

Joachim was very underrated. He was rapid and a big player for Gregory. 

I don't think there's too many better strikers in Premier League at the moment. Haaland, salah who plays more the Bailey position. Watkins is right up there now. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a shame he can’t take penalties. 

Agree. He'd be in with a great chance of golden boot.

But it's good they've been taken off him in a sensible manner. For whatever reason, they were no good for him.

He's since signed a new contract and is verbally fellated by our best manager in forever even when he struggles.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Agree. He'd be in with a great chance of golden boot.

But it's good they've been taken off him in a sensible manner. For whatever reason, they were no good for him.

He's since signed a new contract and is verbally fellated by our best manager in forever even when he struggles.

As you say, best case all round.

We’ve scored every penalty this season, Dougie gets a bit of a boost and it hasn’t harmed Ollie’s confidence one bit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think he scored one at Anfield from outside the box

Yes. More than once. Think the scoop vs Chelsea too, maybe one or two more too

25 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Goals and assists aside, I actually think his best attribute his ability to seemingly play every match and never, ever be injured. 

In terms of an out and out athlete, I don’t remember there ever being more of one at the club. He’s an absolute machine. 

🤫  They’ll hear you. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Goals and assists aside, I actually think his best attribute his ability to seemingly play every match and never, ever be injured. 

In terms of an out and out athlete, I don’t remember there ever being more of one at the club. He’s an absolute machine. 

The best ability is availability.

He's absolutely unreal. 

• Like 1

On 09/02/2024 at 22:00, Follyfoot said:

Why do all the players have their own pens to sign the autograph and then give them to the woman at the side? Wouldn’t it be easier for her to just hand them one pen, and then hand it back

Remnants of Covid.....................................maybe.

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he was a horse....He would be one of those "Lloyds Bank" Freisians......He looks like a thoroughbred.

Ollie for me , is built like the perfect footballer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

If he was a horse....He would be one of those "Lloyds Bank" Freisians......He looks like a thoroughbred.

Ollie for me , is built like the perfect footballer.

He is some athlete. Must really look after himself off the pitch - full credit to him.

Two very good finishes yesterday, the first one especially. He’s having a cracking season, no doubt.

Must be a dream for a manager knowing he’s going to be available every match.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah he's an absolute machine. Just looked up his appearances and he's only missed 5 out of 134 league games in the 4 seasons he's been with us.

1 of them would have been his suspension following his joke red card vs utd 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah he's an absolute machine. Just looked up his appearances and he's only missed 5 out of 134 league games in the 4 seasons he's been with us.

One of them was through suspension, think maybe another was Covid

Edited by Zatman

4 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I think most Villa fans want to see Gobby’s record smashed. Might just bring him down a peg or two.

Id like to see Gabby convicted of some sort of drugs charge and all of his goals to be null and void

• Haha 4

Kinda mad that had Moreno not been offside (if it even was) and had Youri finished the relatively easy 1v1. He would have bagged another 2 assists yesterday.

Unreal player. 

The second goal was elite level. The best players never have to touch the ball but they are in control of it. Iniesta n Xavi used to do this a lot let it run and then at the right time pass. 

• Like 1

Â