Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Screenshot-2023-09-30-14-02-50-600-com-b

If you told me these were Harry Kane's numbers I'd believe you.

Eh? So if I told you that Bayern Munich’s Harry Kane has scored 4 goals in 7 games in the ‘Premier League’ this season you’d believe me? Hmmmm…. I have some magic beans and a bridge to sell you…😉😂

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Eh? So if I told you that Bayern Munich’s Harry Kane has scored 4 goals in 7 games in the ‘Premier League’ this season you’d believe me? Hmmmm…. I have some magic beans and a bridge to sell you…😉😂

I'm obviously not talking about this season's Kane, that doesn't even make sense.

This time last season Kane had 6 goals, 1 assist in 10 games all competitions. So Watkins actually has him beat there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

A shame that TNT decided they needed to interview him for twenty minutes at the end of the game, it completely robbed him of his chance to come and show the Holte End the match ball and get the ovation he deserved. 

I think your right - guess it’s just the case of  he who pays the piper maybe ?

• Like 1

We used him with the direct ball loads today, and he won a strong majority of them. We should do it a lot more often IMO.

Keep that up Ollie and you'll get the contract of your life from Villa. That'll be good for you.

Or you'll get a move and Villa will get a fortune. That'll be bad for you and fine for Villa.

He's mad if he's not desperate to stay with Emery.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

Huge shortage of strikers these days. So i hope he stays. There is no reason for him not to. He isnt going to city or liverpool. Spurs wouldnt pay what we wanted. And arsenal are after Toney. Man Utd might do but they are a basket case of a club. He knows what he has here. Guaranteed starter and a manager that supports him unequivocally.  

I’ve posted similar before, but now is not the time to be smug over the fact that Ollie has scored a hat-trick today.

Let’s just be glad that he had a really good game, played a big role in a fantastic win and hopefully is on a goalscoring run now.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

A shame that TNT decided they needed to interview him for twenty minutes at the end of the game, it completely robbed him of his chance to come and show the Holte End the match ball and get the ovation he deserved. 

They were on him like a tramp on chips. He won’t care too much I’m sure but it was a shame. 

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Said it a few weeks ago he's going to be back on course with his xg at some point and there it almost is. 

He scores when he shouldn't, misses when he should score, but outside of that he is always exceptional at doing what Emery asks him to do.

Great game today all round, now get that contract signed Ollie!

Fine, as long as he is back on course with his xG, that’s all that matters! 🤪

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Fine, as long as he is back on course with his xG, that’s all that matters! 🤪

The argument against him has been he doesn't score enough. 

Yet he always meets his xg every season,  and his xg so far this season put him in the top 2 or 3 strikers the league.  The fact he was behind it meant he would go on a steak that brings him back to or above it... before his next lean streak. 

The point is, his goals come and go but over the course of a season they're fine for where we are, and fine for where we're trying to be as he also brings assists and a whole lot else alongside.

• Like 1

Â