Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Southgate has to pick Toney and take a look at him, get him his first England cap. I think as he's shown with Wilson, whoever is in form he'll bring to a world cup.

Toney deserves his chance and has been in form for Brentford.

And yet when Grealish was a bit of a dick and there were negative media reports, the fraud didn’t want to play him. Toney should not get a cap whilst this hangs over his head.

• Like 3

Philips gets called up because England are just not blessed with DM’s but it still sends out a really bad message when a player who hasn’t played all year can still get in the squad. 

Watkins as has been mentioned is a bit unlucky there’s slightly better strikers out there at the moment also in form.     

Mings has just been done over because he has an opinion and can actually think for himself. Appears Southgate doesn’t like that. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Philips gets called up because England are just not blessed with DM’s but it still sends out a really bad message when a player who hasn’t played all year can still get in the squad. 

Watkins as has been mentioned is a bit unlucky there’s slightly better strikers out there at the moment also in form.     

Mings has just been done over because he has an opinion and can actually think for himself. Appears Southgate doesn’t like that. 

Maybe if Southgate didn’t choose to play so defensively, we wouldn’t need as many defensive midfielders. 

• Like 1

Once U21 Euros out of the way Angel Gomes might come into contention for the midfield, been a regular this season for Lille in the league and champions league, can play as an attacking midfielder or a deep lying play maker. Also Balogun, but rumours he might switch to US. This is one of the areas where link up with Vitoria could really well for us when see how well likes of Gomes, Balogun, and Edwards have done playing in Europe at a young age.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

For context, neither me nor Kalvin Phillips have played a full game of premier league football this season. He must have JUST pipped me to the post. 

Your time will come Spoony mate, hold out for a change of management, your form speaks for itself. 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I hope he smashes in a hattrick today to prove the sad individual in charge of the national team wrong (and to get us the 3 points too!)

And then celebrates by putting one of these on in front of the corner flag camera... 

Big Nose Latex Prosthetic Appliance Halloween Mens Woochie FX Make Up WO124 - Picture 1 of 3

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

“No further replacements are planned and 23 players arrived at St. George's Park on Monday," said an England statement.

Southgate in painfully boring shocker

• Shocked 1

On 18/03/2023 at 10:31, Vive_La_Villa said:

Id love to know why Mings doesn't get a chance. I don't believe its about his outside football profile. I wonder if it's more something boring like his age and injury record. Southgate struggles to see him as an international at the next major tournament and chooses to look at others.

7 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Id love to know why Mings doesn't get a chance. I don't believe its about his outside football profile. I wonder if it's more something boring like his age and injury record. Southgate struggles to see him as an international at the next major tournament and chooses to look at others.

I don’t think he’s been selected ever since he tweeted something anti government (re Priti Patel I think?) and it went viral. Maybe he stepped out of his box according to those at the FA?

41 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

“No further replacements are planned and 23 players arrived at St. George's Park on Monday," said an England statement.

What an absolute waste of an opportunity for someone. Is this more of a logistical decision rather than Southgate being a knob?

1 hour ago, birdman said:

What an absolute waste of an opportunity for someone. Is this more of a logistical decision rather than Southgate being a knob?

Southgate thinking: I don't have to make my utter bullshit excuses about not selecting the replacements in future if they were to come in and impress.

think-smart.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Still, I’d rather any of our players had a week being coached by Unai than a week being coached by Southgate..

Nah...be the same as it was with Jack. They don't know anything until Southgate has had a word with them about 'how to improve' or 'how to get to the next level' 🤣🤣🤣

Just looks all round better, yeah still missing chances but that’s gonna happen because he isn’t a top class finisher. His work rate continues to be unquestionable but his hold up / link up play is getting better and his first touch seems to have improved.

Â