Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Fact remains that there were a couple of poor touches at least that led to us losing attacking momentum or losing an attack completely. Not difficult touches either. That's all I'm saying, if he could sort that out, he'd be even better.

Mental 😅

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Oaks said:

Imagine being the type of fan who mentions a couple of bad touches after he scored 5 on the bounce. 

I also called out his limitations in his first season with us, many of which most came to agree with. I'm not hating on him, fair play for his goals.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Always nice when you see someone get their karma. Ollie has never failed to put a shift in and never let his head drop and is now reaping the rewards again. Fair play to him.

It has to be pointed out that other types of curry are also available. 

• Haha 3

I've always said putting the chances away is the easy part.

Getting into goal scoring positions is the hard part.

Never had any doubts about Ollie.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Oaks said:

Imagine being the type of fan who mentions a couple of bad touches after he scored 5 on the bounce. 

Hah. Yeah, imagine being the type of spectator who can watch a game with some sense of perspective and balance, and not just blindly think all the players on the team you support are amazing.

Ollie is good, and he's a Villan. Chuffed for him for the goals. Doesn't mean he doesn't have some significant shortcomings that we can all see when we analyse his/our game overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I also called out his limitations in his first season with us, many of which most came to agree with. I'm not hating on him, fair play for his goals.

All players have strengths and weaknesses. At the moment under Emery it seems like he get to maximise his strengths.

Really hope he can keep up his goal scoring, we would need it if we want to move up the table.

Emery deserves credit for getting the best out of Ollie. Our manager is no mug and could see the potential in him. He came out after selling Ings and told Ollie he was his number 9, Ollie has responded with 5 goals on the spin. Great man management from the gaffer. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Absolutely superb pass in the build up to the second goal. Not the first time he's done this under Emery.

To Watkins, who traps it beautifully and lays it off to McGinn and this is continued on the McGinn and Buendia threads. ;) 

A lot of us said that if Emery could sort out Ollie, he'd be worth every bit of money spent. The same with McGinn.

It's fair to say this player was always in there, but lost his confidence under Smith and Gerrard absolutely destroyed any bits he had left. Emery has given him his confidence back and he's rewarding him with 5 in a row. Incredible work by both Watkins and Emery.

• Like 1

Apparently has 32 PL goals in 94 games for us; just better than 1 in 3.

Find me another striker with that sort of record that also presses the opposition as much as Watkins does.

He’s the sort of striker that Ten Hag would want at Man Utd as he can do what Weghorst does, but also scores more than 1 in 200.

Doesn’t really get the plaudits as much as he should because he plays for us.

• Like 2

Fantastic penalty today. Such a clean and confident strike which is not something I associate with Ollie, shows how confident he is feeling at the moment to hit it like that. Especially when his penalty Success rate is only 3/7. Hope he makes it 6 in 6 next week.

• Like 1

He is never going to be a superstar number 9 but for a team like us he is so valuable. Can run all day   never pulls hamstrings or turns ankles. And can score 1 in 3 . Pretty quick pretty strong and decent in the air .

And also Emery has a knack of getting his striker scoring heavily  .  He looks so confident at the moment 

• Like 1

Â