Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

20 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Don’t think he felt loved when Ings came in. Then new manager came in. Had to prove himself all over again. Massively lacking in confidence sometimes. 

As we improve that will surely get worse as he gets stronger competition.  If that is really the case we should sell him now because he’ll just repeat it and/or get worse.  He’s 26 now, he needs to grow a thicker skin because he’ll face the same competition if he goes to the other clubs as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

As we improve that will surely get worse as he gets stronger competition.  If that is really the case we should sell him now because he’ll just repeat it and/or get worse.  He’s 26 now, he needs to grow a thicker skin because he’ll face the same competition if he goes to the other clubs as well.

I think that aspect of his attitude or mental state has improved recently, he looks happier and when he scores and in general on the pitch, seems to celebrate more,  points to the badge ect, I think Gerrard’s man management  of him has been good. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'd imagine teams like West Ham want him as competition and rotation. We need him as the same here. 

He just can't be our main source of goals next season though. 

He’d be straight in the West Ham team - Antonio is 32 now and Watkins has outscored him consistently since coming into the Prem.

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

All of the stories linking him away seem to suggest perhaps he is looking for a move. Don’t know why, I just get the feeling maybe he is pushing this? Could be completely wrong!

Negotiation GIFs | Tenor

Looking for a better contract offer me thinks

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

All of the stories linking him away seem to suggest perhaps he is looking for a move. Don’t know why, I just get the feeling maybe he is pushing this? Could be completely wrong!

100% contract talks. This is how they do them

• 4 weeks later...

First glance I thought a good stat for him but thinking about it and looking into it it’s ok but looks better at quick glance.  Very few forward players have >70 appearances over that time for various reasons, a lot aren’t playing with out and out striker, and many other reasons plus 23 goals over two seasons is an average of 11.5 per season which even by any standard is at best….”ok”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

First glance I thought a good stat for him but thinking about it and looking into it it’s ok but looks better at quick glance.  Very few forward players have >70 appearances over that time for various reasons, a lot aren’t playing with out and out striker, and many other reasons plus 23 goals over two seasons is an average of 11.5 per season which even by any standard is at best….”ok”

YARN | But I got to be honest... I saw this coming from a mile away. |  Master of None (2015) - S02E09 Amarsi Un Po | Video gifs by quotes |  26428f46 | 紗

• Haha 1

Just now, nick76 said:

My comment or the stat?

Your comment mate 😉 I saw the tweet get embedded and though to myself, "there's not a chance in hell Nick76 is gonna let that just sit without knocking at least 50% of the shine off it"...

Â