Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, Steero113 said:

Your comment mate 😉 I saw the tweet get embedded and though to myself, "there's not a chance in hell Nick76 is gonna let that just sit without knocking at least 50% of the shine off it"...

Haha fair enough!

• Like 1

On 24/06/2022 at 11:09, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s currently the best chance we have of someone beating Gabbys record. Hope he never leaves us.  

As soon as he gets to 75 PL goals he's got my blessing to leave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Really impressed with Ollie coming back a little ahead of preseason training to hit the ground running!

that shows desire to succeed and probably acknowledging he didn’t have the best of seasons last year (in his mind) 

That's the sort of commitment, that gives you a chance.

1% inspiration....99% perspiration.

with the improved midfield, I see a better season ahead for Ollie.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Excellent commitment and dedication from Ollie, and makes me content if we don’t sign another striker this summer. He’s acknowledged the poor season he’s had, and is doing everything he can to improve. Love the attitude. If the sessions go well, I’d like to see us appoint the guy full time. He’d be able to add something to all of our attackers games. 

13 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Really impressed with Ollie coming back a little ahead of preseason training to hit the ground running!

that shows desire to succeed and probably acknowledging he didn’t have the best of seasons last year (in his mind) 

I agree, fair play to him.

Even then he still got double figures for us even though wasn’t the best of seasons for him. He has a lot more to offer.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Nice Edited video of him finishing well. Shame they didn't show the other 30 minutes of him missing the target

He's pretty good at shooting to be fair. It's the touches leading up to the shot that mess him up sometimes.

19 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Nice Edited video of him finishing well. Shame they didn't show the other 30 minutes of him missing the target

Of the top 20 Premier League scorers last season (Watkins was joint-14th), Watkins had the best shot accuracy of any forward (62%) apart from Son (71%) and Zaha (63%).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Of the top 20 Premier League scorers last season (Watkins was joint-14th), Watkins had the best shot accuracy of any forward (62%) apart from Son (71%) and Zaha (63%).

Hopefully he's in the top 5 scorers next season!

10 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Excellent commitment and dedication from Ollie, and makes me content if we don’t sign another striker this summer. He’s acknowledged the poor season he’s had, and is doing everything he can to improve. Love the attitude. If the sessions go well, I’d like to see us appoint the guy full time. He’d be able to add something to all of our attackers games. 

What have we recently recruited someone to help Ollie specifically?

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Shot accuracy just means on target I'm guessing? As he rarely hits the corners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Shot accuracy just means on target I'm guessing? As he rarely hits the corners.

Yeah, I'd assume so.

Just responding to someone joking about him missing the target more often than not.  Just isn't true.

Let's not forget it takes time to build a partnership, even more so considering Ollie is a converted winger who was used to playing up top on his own and Ings came into the squad late in preseason. I have a good feeling about this season.

• Like 1

Â