Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

56 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I thought he was OK against the Barcodes and unlucky not to get his goal.

Tactically Villa are a little off, pumping long balls into the box was a terrible idea and we should not have been doing it.

OT: with the design on Villa’s home shirt this season I now think of us as the barcodes.

Can a player not be playing well because hes out of form, not because hes unhappy,  lack of sleep or hes crap.  Hes was great last season, he has not performed to that level this, theres nothing more to it. Time to give Ings a run and see if he can do any better. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Sorry, but which goal are you referring to?

Coutinhos?spacer.png

or was it Ramseys first goal?spacer.png

or maybe you meant Ramseys second?spacer.png

Pictures prove nothing. Live, his body language was like it was a effort

He just don't look like a player enjoying his football, watch him the next game, watch his none existent work rate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Pictures prove nothing. Live, his body language was like it was a effort

He just don't look like a player enjoying his football, watch him the next game, watch his none existent work rate.

Oh for fvcks sake. Seriously? I knew this would be the counter argument. Read the quote I responded to. The pictures literally prove he went over and celebrated with his teammates against Leeds. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

He always celebrates with the other players, I've no idea why people are trying to claim otherwise, you always see him congratulating other players and calling others over to join in the celebrations, just because he isn't going wild doesn't mean to say he isn't celebrating. Was surprised to see Ashley Preece doing a Q&A thing yesterday and him also repeating the idea that he dosen't celebrate, it seems one of those things that's been repeated so often now that people believe it despite evidence to the contrary.

To be honest I don't think he's reacting any differently to goals than he did last season, and was probably the same at Brentford.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

He always celebrates with the other players, I've no idea why people are trying to claim otherwise, you always see him congratulating other players and calling others over to join in the celebrations, just because he isn't going wild doesn't mean to say he isn't celebrating. Was surprised to see Ashley Preece doing a Q&A thing yesterday and him also repeating the idea that he dosen't celebrate, it seems one of those things that's been repeated so often now that people believe it despite evidence to the contrary.

To be honest I don't think he's reacting any differently to goals than he did last season, and was probably the same at Brentford.

Yeah I agree, it's like some are inventing an argument to use it as a stick to beat him with.

From my perspective Watkins seems quite chilled out when we score yet is always involved in congratulations.

Another factor and you could see this when we scored on Sunday against the Barcodes all the players check themselves incase VAR intervenes.

42 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Oh for fvcks sake. Seriously? I knew this would be the counter argument. Read the quote I responded to. The pictures literally prove he went over and celebrated with his teammates against Leeds. 

Don't believe your lying eyes. Just trust the heavily opinionated statements of a few posters who obviously have a bias against Ollie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Just trust the heavily opinionated statements of a few posters who obviously have a bias against ??? 

THIS 100% … seems to be becoming more and more prevalent on here as well … Opinions stated as facts and then others jumping on the bandwagon with little to add to the debate  … 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

I do think that there is something in the lack of celebration argument. He does congratulate other players when they score and I do believe that he means it but his celebrations are very stunted. He doesn’t seem to celebrate with wild abandon anymore. I think that this is totally out of character for him and thus I wouldn’t be surprised if something was bothering him. Who knows what that is but I hope it’s not too serious.

I would give him a couple of weeks off to get himself together or to at least give him some time out of the spotlight. He is easily the most suited villa striker to our style of play but his form is miles off. He seems to lack the effort and intensity of last season too. Give him time off and then hopefully he will come back refreshed.

I think we've all had a crap time of things of late, hell, the whole world has! 

Maybe he's having a crap time of it too. What do you do? Keep playing so he might score and build his confidence or bench him and give him a break? 

Maybe we just cut him some slack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Love when these body language experts start coming out of the woodworks-wonder why they never cite body language to say something positive, hmm

While I agree with your general point ish, people have been commenting on Coutinho’s body language as it’s suggests he’s loving it here compared to his body language at Barca which was more withdrawn.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I do think that there is something in the lack of celebration argument. He does congratulate other players when they score and I do believe that he means it but his celebrations are very stunted. He doesn’t seem to celebrate with wild abandon anymore. I think that this is totally out of character for him and thus I wouldn’t be surprised if something was bothering him. Who knows what that is but I hope it’s not too serious.

I would give him a couple of weeks off to get himself together or to at least give him some time out of the spotlight. He is easily the most suited villa striker to our style of play but his form is miles off. He seems to lack the effort and intensity of last season too. Give him time off and then hopefully he will come back refreshed.

He has about 30% of his premier league goals cancelled out five minutes after scoring, so I can understand his lack of ecstasy when they go in.

It's not like hed have had any goals disallowed retrospectively in the championship at Brentford for example. 

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I'm not saying he don't celebrate, just seems a bit half hearted. Everyone likes the guy, we are just trying to justify his poor form and work rate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Sorry, but which goal are you referring to?

Coutinhos?spacer.png

or was it Ramseys first goal?spacer.png

or maybe you meant Ramseys second?spacer.png

Yeah he looks really happy. Thanks for proving my point 👍

Edited by Demitri_C

Â