villaglint

On 16/04/2023 at 16:48, Villaphan04 said:

Gary O'Neil has done a magnificent job so far. Putting 'brave' Scotty Parker to shame. 

27 minutes ago, useless said:

A lot of time passed between these two consecutive posts. But none of it pointed to the second post being the logical next step. 

Ruthless.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbh i think he would have taken them down nsxt year so pending who they get its prob right decision

If they got someonw like potter for example then makes alot more sense

Potter would be a good fir for them, would establish them midtable.

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

"Believe it is a Black Knight led decision"....Batman runs Bournemouth!?

Gary O'Neill is the manager Bournemouth deserve, but not the one they need right now.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because the sides were so poor last year and loikjbg at the squad he dibt have the experience to do it again

So you're assuming all the teams around them will improve, but Bournemouth won't.

Weird.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because the sides were so poor last year and loikjbg at the squad he dibt have the experience to do it again

Bournemouth have more money than Everton and Wolves and better than 3 promoted teams

Not sure why people are so convinced that Potter would be a better manager for Bournemouth than O'Neill, Potter's the most bafflingly overrated manager going, finished midtable with Swansea then Cooper came in and got them to the play-offs twice despite losing Dan James and top scorer McBurnie, then Potter went to Brighton and had two seasons of doing barely any better than Hughton did, his final season was better but not amazing, and then he was a disaster at Chelsea, people will claim that that was Chelsea owners fault, but watch Pochettino get them comfortably top four next season, Potter had players and resources to do much better at Chelsea tha he did do, when he first went there I don't remember anyone questioning that he could a good job based on all the sigings that Chelsea made, that was just an excuse that came later, because people seemingly can't admit that he isn't as good a manger that all the hype suggested.

Not saying Potter is a bad manager, but O'Neill did a very good job last season, any one that goes there is going to be doing well to better the form they showed with him at the helm, unless they're going on a spending spree and significantly improving their squad.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

There was criticism when Saints replaced Adkins with Pochettino too.

You just never know how these decisions turn out.

That wasn't done before the season even started though, Adkins was sacked in January mid season when the club was in a relegation battle

It's really harsh but sometimes ruthlessness is the smartest decision by these clubs. 

I remember Nigel Adkins doing really well for Southampton and being later replaced by Pochettino. 

Time will tell, O'Neil has done himself no harm and will easily get a Championship job.

9 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

It's really harsh but sometimes ruthlessness is the smartest decision by these clubs. 

I remember Nigel Adkins doing really well for Southampton and being later replaced by Pochettino. 

Time will tell, O'Neil has done himself no harm and will easily get a Championship job.

Sacked in January with the team 3 points off the relegation zone, not the same as this. 

• Like 1

Its a strange one, he did enough to get kept on but this probably enhances his reputation in the game

Bournemouth am not sure where they think they should be so not sure who can attract

I think this is a disgrace personally and I hope he goes to the LMA and gets a huge settlement out of it. Bournemouth are **** tiny, the fact they're in the PL at all is amazing and he worked magic keeping them up last year. Jumped-up ingrate words removed.

Â