Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

17 minutes ago, rendelc said:
37 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

They say bad luck comes in threes.

1 Yesterday morning me and Mrs T decided to cancel our holiday to Calella Spain in early September (so that we were both available to return to work IF required) took £500 loss few hours later Spain basically on shutdown and looks like holidays to be refunded again. Probably would have been given money back

2 Went for a ride out, hit a pot hole and my tyre exploded (£69) 

3 Still waiting Oh shite 

Put £50 on West Ham.   That’s your run of 3 right there 👍

Exactly what I was thinking. 

Place it online is my advice,  we don't want any falling pianos or open pothole drama on the way and thus negating the bet.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God im dreading this......please Villa, dont let me down today 

At least if you lose a cup final nothing changes, as much as I think i may enjoy winning a few games in the championship financially this is massive for Villa to remain in the premier league and to be able to build....

I cant even call it results wise 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve not known nerves like these last 2 games for as long as I can remember. 

It is a little bit like getting into trouble at school for the first time and you know that Call is going to be made to your parents later that day and you Have said nothing about it To them

• Like 2

OMG this waiting is mental. I came in from the garden to watch the game against Arsenal. Should I wear my old gardening clothes to watch the match or bring out the big guns and wear my Euro shirt . Dont know what to do 

13 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

OMG this waiting is mental. I came in from the garden to watch the game against Arsenal. Should I wear my old gardening clothes to watch the match or bring out the big guns and wear my Euro shirt . Dont know what to do 

Wear the Euro shirt.  Be proud. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

no major injuries in the squad

Heaton. I believe that had he not been injured we would never have been in this situation. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

Its a bit like that episode of The Likely Lads where they try to not hear the result of a big England game.

Still one of my all time favourite pieces of television. 

• Like 2

Much more nervy not being able to watch it in the stadium. I'll probably have it on Radio WM and just do something else like clean the car as I can't bear to watch. 

I'm trying to rationalise the positives of either result.  I actually enjoy the 2 games per week of the Championship, the unpredictability of it all,  being a bigger fish, winning more than losing and derby day Vs SHA.

OTOH - F*** that.  Come on Villa.