Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wonder how the Watford fans are feeling. 

I think Watford is a fake franchise team, having sacked 3 managers over the season is just silly, I hope the fans they still have are resigned to going down. They fully deserve it. Also because of how adrift they were in the beginning of the season.

On 22/07/2020 at 09:09, Robtaylor200 said:

Worry about the team Arsenal will put out. Their season can only be saved by the FA cup, they may well rest some top players 

Would you want to go into a Cup Final after two defeats on the bounce?

I wond if we will go with Guilbert as RB. The analysis during the lockdown resulted in us having to strentgthen up the defence, hence Konsa playing RB, it worked with Elmo there, also gave us an attacking option. But now we seem to be back with Guilbert on the right and Targett on the left. I think they are great players and like them, but both of them are better attacking wise than defensively and we risk going back to being fragile in defence.

An option would be to have Hause in the middle and Konsa to the right. Personally I wouldn't prefer that as I think Hause is a liabiity. But it's a tough call, he wins a lot of headers and with theif central defenders, Soucek and perhaps Haller they will have an arial threat that we must cope with. 

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Would you want to go into a Cup Final after two defeats on the bounce?

I don’t think it would matter. More important would be key players are fit. However they have a ok squad so players they bring in should still give Watford a game.

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well they've got a 'Happy Relegation Day' thread on their forum, where they're all comparing how many relegations each of them has experienced.

It ranges from three to seven, in case you were wondering. So they're well used to going down. 

Let's hope they're crying into their roast potatoes this afternoon. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Judging by a forum I was looking at, most have resigned to relegation, but some others are hopeful. I think it’s in football fan’s nature to be pessimistic so it reads a lot like VT: Lots of nerves and worry.

I’ve nothing against Watford whatsoever, obviously since it’s us or them, then I hope they go down. But it’s not because I dislike the club or their fans. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John said:

This afternoon after the game (I hope):

image.jpeg.3e391d6dffb9258144299cc7f6d6b65b.jpeg image.jpeg.c2289cc3e5d2aa06dbaa007a40d1de8d.jpeg image.jpeg.577d896f5a2c85456dd8136ae0db0df5.jpeg

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I can’t recall him ever having a bad game for the Villa

Wow, I didn't know Austin Powers had played for us. 

• Haha 1

Worried more about Bournemouth than Watford.

Glad that we've come back much stronger after the restart, come what may it fills me with hope for next year.

Hope that post game if we lose the reaction is measured both at the club and VT, as we will all be gutted. If we look at other clubs across the city or up north it can always be worse!

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Judging by a forum I was looking at, most have resigned to relegation, but some others are hopeful. I think it’s in football fan’s nature to be pessimistic so it reads a lot like VT: Lots of nerves and worry.

I’ve nothing against Watford whatsoever, obviously since it’s us or them, then I hope they go down. But it’s not because I dislike the club or their fans. 

If a team is relegated with Troy Deeney in it, that would make me very happy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Wow, I didn't know Austin Powers had played for us. 

Apparently he is a box to box type.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1