Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats so frustrating had weplayed like this against sheff utd and Newcastle we would have won

We wouldn't have. We can't score. There's just no goal threat at all. We could have nil-nilled our way to safety playing like this all season though. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Whats so frustrating had weplayed like this against sheff utd and Newcastle we would have won

I’m not sure I agree with this. We’ve generally been ok since the restart but have shown next to no quality going forwards and have bad mistakes in us at the back.

We’ve again shown no real quality going forwards to suggest we’re going to score a goal and I wouldn’t rule out defensive errors.

For me all we’re confirming today is that the squad doesn’t have the quality to win many games of football at this level. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Who thinks we are going to lose after not making the most of our unexpected superior play?

It usually the way for us.

This now has every hallmark of a game where we're going to regret not taking our chances. Liverpool are gifting things to us and we're doing nothing with it.  Can't blame the manager for that. Might be time to bring on Sama.

• Like 1