U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I have absolutely zero faith in the reported numbers. 

All you need to do now, is get your message in front of more people than Trump got his message.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villakram said:

It all depends of covid19. If it keeps up, Biden can stay in hiding, the economy will be in the shitter and Trump is toast.

If covid19 has started to die down and the economy is bouncing back somewhat, then Trump has a chance as Biden is a walking disaster and a democratic party Bob Dole. 

Most importantly, it's 2020, so don't bother as there's 6 more months of chaos to come.

Pretty much this.

Biden was in my bottom two candidates for the Dem nomination, I was gutted when he got picked.  6 months is 7 dog years in politics now, we could be back in the stone age with alien lizard overlords by November Elon Musk and Kanye will be living on Mars and we would all be shrugging and saying "2020 eh!?"

Biden SHOULD win.

Because, you know, he's not Trump. An actual real life psychopath. Literally the biggest joke of a leader on the planet.

But it's America. So nothing would surprise me. Full of utterly mental bastards.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Another interesting question is the down-ballot implications. It doesn't look like Republicans will win the House, but can they hang on to the Senate? In a Dem wave in 2018, Republicans nevertheless expanded their lead in the Senate. With Jones certain to lose in Alabama, they have a better chance of hanging on than might be expected. Just to be contrary, I'm going to predict a 50-50 Senate.

I think Susan Collins of Maine is in real trouble. The Cavanaugh vote is really looking bad for her right now.

The Senate will be tight whoever wins.  I actually think the Dems are starting to get their ground game together on the local side of things. (It had been left to rot under Obama when we were all happy dappy hopy wopy.) So we could see a lot of local legislatures going blue all the way up to the Governors Mansions. 

Dems have Trump to thank for that ironically. He's mobilized them.

4 hours ago, villakram said:

It all depends of covid19. If it keeps up, Biden can stay in hiding, the economy will be in the shitter and Trump is toast.

If covid19 has started to die down and the economy is bouncing back somewhat, then Trump has a chance as Biden is a walking disaster and a democratic party Bob Dole. 

Don't be silly. Bill Gates has manufactured COVID so George Soros can fund an alien take over from dear President Trump and the libs will take our guns plus pedophiles and pizzas and freeedom, Q predicted this all.

#TruePatriot

40 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think Susan Collins of Maine is in real trouble. The Cavanaugh vote is really looking bad for her right now.

I hope you're right, but I've just got a horrible feeling she'll win again. People in Maine just can't seem to quit her lol.

41 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Dems have Trump to thank for that ironically. He's mobilized them.

This is true, and the bigger picture regardless of the outcome in November. If you go back to the Reagan/Bush years, those presidents (for the worse obviously) managed to drag the centre of American politics to the right. By the time Clinton won (largely trashing his own base to do so) the received wisdom of American politics was all that of the Republican party. Bush the Younger was a failure in numerous ways, and left office in disgrace, but he still dragged the centre of American politics rightwards in important ways, especially related to national security.

Four years of Trump and the centre has shifted away from him, and away from the Republican party. He might win, but nobody is in any doubt that the whole party is appealing to a diminishing group of resentful white people and no-one else right now.

I full accept that Biden is deeply problematic (and too old), but at least he's an actual politician and not a moronic failed reality TV star. They need to get back to actual government, however flawed it may be. 

Will be interesting to see who Biden chooses for his VP because there is a real chance the president will die during the next term. Regardless of who wins.

Was certain Trump would get re-elected but I'm not so sure anymore. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Will be interesting to see who Biden chooses for his VP because there is a real chance the president will die during the next term. Regardless of who wins.

Was certain Trump would get re-elected but I'm not so sure anymore. 

I wonder what voter groups he hasn't pissed off? Who would vote for him?

Latin community? No chance. African American? Loled.  Asian communities? Hah. Religious groups? Maybe. Conservative right wing nutters? Probably. Intellectuals? I'm not so sure. The armed forces? Ditto. 

What's left? Who is his core voting group? How many white trash trailer park living religious second ammendment gun loving fucknuts can there be in one country? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Latin community? No chance. African American? Loled.  Asian communities? Hah. Religious groups? Maybe. Conservative right wing nutters? Probably. Intellectuals? I'm not so sure. The armed forces? Ditto. 

What's left? Who is his core voting group? How many white trash trailer park living religious second ammendment gun loving fucknuts can there be in one country? 

About 62,984,828 at the last count.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

His approval rating with registered Republicans is about 90%, which is high by historical standards. So the answer to your question really is 'nearly everyone who identifies as a Republican will vote for him'. His problem is that there are more registered Democrats than Republicans, and independent voters are increasingly breaking for Biden.

I guess it's all down to turnout. Paradoxically, the polls often have a counterproductive effect - "It's OK, my guy's got it in the bag, I don't need to bother to vote". The Dems should beware complacency. 

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I guess it's all down to turnout. Paradoxically, the polls often have a counterproductive effect - "It's OK, my guy's got it in the bag, I don't need to bother to vote". The Dems should beware complacency. 

“One for Martin, two for Martin”

I think there was a strong element of that last time with Dems not massively enthusiastic but thinking it was a done deal while the MAGA crowd were super keen. 

Its weird, for all of Biden's faults, he is clearly the better candidate. I really think it will be a lot closer than what the polls are saying at the moment, and I fully expect if Trump doesn't win he will cry fowl play and try and stay in. I think we will probably not know the true answer until 2021... 

Can someone tell me what happens in this what if scenario. 
Trump doesnt like to lose, he hates it. So lets say prior to November with everything stacked against him, he decides to pull out of the race. Its a big what if, but still, a what if. Does that make Pence the candidate?

Â