Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

Just reading some of the match thread and noticed that we lost 1-0 to Sheffield Wednesday on the first day of the 2016/2017 season. For some reason I thought it was 1-1, was wondering why there was such a negative reaction.

I don't feel sorry for Rotherham at all. They had plenty of games in hand to put pressure on sha at the time but flopped.

Ok, so there was a pile up and a lot of games in a short time but, still.....

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I don't feel sorry for Rotherham at all. They had plenty of games in hand to put pressure on sha at the time but flopped.

Ok, so there was a pile up and a lot of games in a short time but, still.....

they have one of the smallest budgets in the league and got **** over by covid

blues finished 9 points above relegation so not sure why you think was there fault

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Wycombe conceding a last minute winner to Derby was the difference for them both, massive shame.

its a mini miracle Wycombe got that far, its like Yeovil that such a provincial team got that far. its incredible

• Like 1

11 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Playoffs will be fun. Lowkey hoping for Barnsley.

I feel like Brentford finally deserve their chance too but suppose it’s yet another London club 🤷🏻‍♂️ so yeah go Barnsley! 

• Like 1

Talk now that Derby could be relegated after all because the EFL have won an appeal against their FFP charge and they will likely be deducted points, it's now a question of whether those points are deducted from this season or next season. If they're relegated then Wycombe will have another season in the championship.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Talk now that Derby could be relegated after all because the EFL have won an appeal against their FFP charge and they will likely be deducted points, it's now a question of whether those points are deducted from this season or next season. If they're relegated then Wycombe will have another season in the championship.

Wow. Be interesting to see the decision on this. Will probably be controversial either way. 

I've since seen other reports suggesting that they won't be deducted points, either way I'd be surprised if they deducted from this season. Even before the EFL won this appeal there was talk of them being deducted points next season anyway, so seems like they're in a bit of a mess at the moment whatever happens.

The more fresh blood the better, I’d love to see Brentford get promoted but in this instance I want Barnsley to go up. Purely because it’s only half hour away from me and one of the only away grounds where it’s easy to get tickets. Well that and I’d quite like Villa to sign Rico Henry as Targett’s understudy, which there’d be no chance of it Brentford go up.

I'd like to see Swansea up...purely for mr hourihane!

But tbf anyone but Bournemouth really. Just don't want to see the same teams constantly swapping leagues. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

Looks like Derby could still go down. They've been found to be in breach of FFP.

Crazy that our two recent play off final rivals, one is relegated back down to the Championship again and the other likely to go down to League One. That could've easily been us or worse if NSWE hadn't come along. 

Â