Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

Rotherham deserve to go down. As much as i hate to say it blose have shown more fight than them amd Sheffield Wednesday 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

yes I thought Blues looked the more likely to get a goal. 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bye Olbiyun. One of the most pointless clubs in the league. Go up then down again. 

Mugs 

Fixed ;)

Edited by rjw63
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's a bit harsh, they're operating on a tiny budget compared to most clubs in that league. It's a testament to how well-run they are that they keep managing to get promoted again.

Its an improvement on him previously calling them bottlejobs with one of the lowest budgets in the league 🙄

Okay, but like to be serious for a minute, if they're 'mugs' for keep being promoted from a hard league to get out of and then being relegated again, would they be less 'mugs' if they just didn't get promoted at all?

• Like 2

I don't really blame Rotherham, they were never expected to stay up and have been hit by covid, a consequence of which has meant that they've had to play four games in the last eight days. If anyone should have done better it's Sheffield Wednesday, their squad even with a six point deduction shouldn't be anywhere near relegation, they also didn't bother appointing a permanent manager for about two months after they'd sacked Pullis.

But the main reason small heath have stayed up is that Bowyer has improved them, they're still not very good, but they''ve now got a lot more fight and look to have a lot more confidence. Their squad isn't as bad as some make out, certainly shouldn't have been doing anywhere near as badly as they were doing whilst Karanka was in charge, not too surprising that a different manager has done better with them.

• Like 2

Next season it's gonna be even harder to get out of the Championship, as Fulham and Albion are regulars at the job and will surely be right at it from the start of the season. Think Sheff Utd might struggle to turn around this horrific form though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Next season it's gonna be even harder to get out of the Championship, as Fulham and Albion are regulars at the job and will surely be right at it from the start of the season. Think Sheff Utd might struggle to turn around this horrific form though.

I think it depends who they appoint, I think the players are pissed since Wilder left. I think the owner didnt expect the players to love him as much

from what I'm seeing, Sheffield United might be running into trouble with hiring a new manager because of the new brexit rules. They have been after someone in belgium iirc and he (and/or his staff, not sure who is actually included) wouldn't qualify for a work permit 

Yeah Derby look in real trouble, and it’s kinda going under the radar too, am I right in thinking they had something of a fire-sale in January? 

Certainly seem to have gone downhill for some reason since then and after showing early promise, perhaps Management is not a long term option for Rooney.

A lot of this will depend on the clubs that have qualified for the play offs and how much will they rest players. Brentford and Cardiff have to play Rotherham, Swansea playing Derby.

The last round of fixtures has Derby playing Wednesday but the owls could be relegated by then. Derby have lost 5 in a row there is a chance for Rotherham to stay up. However I would rather have the 4 points than the 2 games in hand. They do have a better goal difference than Derby though. It just shows how tough the league given 2 years ago we played Derby in the play off final.

On 21/04/2021 at 06:59, Demitri_C said:

I think derby will stay uo just

Wednesday and rotherham will join wycombe 

I know Wednesday had a points deduction to deal with but I still can't see how the wheels have fallen off so bad they couldn't muster enough to stay up.

Their squad on paper still looks top half!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

I know Wednesday had a points deduction to deal with but I still can't see how the wheels have fallen off so bad they couldn't muster enough to stay up.

Their squad on paper still looks top half!

I couldnt believe Wednesday took so long to appoint a manager.

The facts are blose sacked and appointed quicker and a better manager. Thats the difference.

Rooneys flopped as maanger3. He will surely get sacked.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I couldnt believe Wednesday took so long to appoint a manager.

The facts are blose sacked and appointed quicker and a better manager. Thats the difference.

Rooneys flopped as maanger3. He will surely get sacked.

Eh Wednesday sacked the manager early in season and brought in Pulis. He failed 

Just now, Zatman said:

Eh Wednesday sacked the manager early in season and brought in Pulis. He failed 

He got how many games? Thwy should have stuck qith oulis. I bwt he would have got them out of it.

Also how long did it take them from pulis to appoint moore?? It wasnt as quickly as blose when they sacked karanka to Bowyer 

Â