Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

Thread for Positive people only. If we can keep Wesley, Mcginn and Luiz at a minimum we've got a really good Championship side to bounce straight back up! Even tho we will get around 60-80 million for Grealish, I don't think we really need to spend that much money, Quality over Quantity this time please. Two quality wingers are the most important transfers we need. Not sure who will be partnering Konsa in defence all depends if Mings go. I don't really trust Hause & Engels. They will make decent squad players.  

Playoff is the minimum requirement. If the players still want to play for him, and the board are happy lets give Dean Smith the chance like Dyche got for Burnley to get us back up and who is now considered "a good manager". 

Who do you think we will keep and what position do we need to strengthen?  Should Dean Smith be the man to take us back up? Could we possibly keep Mcginn, Luiz, Mings and Wesley? 

lineup.png

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lets give Dean Smith the chance like Dyche got for Burnley to get us back up and who is now considered "a good manager".

To be fair Burnley haven't got the finances or ambition our owners supposedly have.

Aside from that I'm inclined to agree with the rest.

I think we will be one of the favourites to win the league. 

We will have a strong squad and I think sticking with Smith will probably give us the best chance of bouncing back straight away. 

Will be nice to win lots of games again. 

• Like 1

I have to say that if it happens (that's the positive bit), then our target needs to be automatic and nothing less.

The players we are left with are sadly likely to be mostly the ones that nobody else wants and those that we would be most prepared to let go. 

We would first need to address the defence and then get us scoring goals again. Someone like Snodgrass coming back for a season would be the sort of player that I would look at as a quick fix.    

• Like 1

i mentioned this in another thread, but eh..... :)

1) I think Grealish will go, we will hopefully get 60-80m for him.

2) We should do everything within our power to keep our other good players (Mings, Luiz, McGinn, Heaton etc), ask for one season from them to get back up and go again. (i will assume we somehow manage this miracle - they are all on long contracts with us........)

3) FFP is effectively voided next season, hopefully the owners will invest, another 60-80m invested, added to the Grealish sale would give us 120-160m to spend WISELY.

4) i beleive if we had bought a GOOD & proven left winger, right winger and DM, we would be going down this season.

4) with that in mind, the below would be my "desire", although open to other players, the critical thing is we buy "GOOD" players, no chancing, we need proven good players.

image.png.7163d69c7ea969653dde54ef543ea5a8.png

So, 90m ish on 3 core player positions, anything left can be spent on depth or a starter?

Squad/Subs:                             Steer, Taylor, Hause, Konsa, Elmo, Nakamba, Hourihane, NEW MC (10m) ,El Ghazi, Jota, Samatta, Barry, [other youth].

Sell/release:                              Grealish, Trezeguet, Lansbury, Chester, Nyland

Possible other purchases:      LB / RB

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

To get 30million pound players you need a manager who can handle the inevitable ego that will come with it. We need to persuade a proven winner that will be successful in the Premier League. Otherwise if winning a few more games a season is all what people want then hopefully 7th is enough in the championship for eternity because with the current setup getting back into the Premier league will mean more defeats and then relegation again. 

Douglas Luiz will be leaving unless we're in the Premier League which obviously isn't going to happen. 

Not negativity just realism.

Edited by Sulberto21

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

To get 30million pound players you need a manager who can handle the inevitable ego that will come with it. We need to persuade a proven winner that will be successful in the Premier League. Otherwise if winning a few more games a season is all what people want then hopefully 7th is enough in the championship for eternity because with the current setup getting back into the Premier league will mean more defeats and then relegation again

Douglas Luiz will be leaving unless we're in the Premier League which obviously isn't going to happen. 

Not negativity just realism.

not really.

More time playing together and not needing to replace the whole squad would make a huge difference if we go down and come straight back up.

Just now, DCJonah said:

not really.

More time playing together and not needing to replace the whole squad would make a huge difference if we go down and come straight back up.

You suddenly believe dean.smiths career win percentage will change? Ok.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Yep.

Will be interesting to see how he develops further.

Look used to the pace of the Premier League now. Think he will only kick on from here, but that won't be in the Championship. Not a chance

38 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Thread for Positive people only. If we can keep Wesley, Mcginn and Luiz at a minimum we've got a really good Championship side to bounce straight back up! Even tho we will get around 60-80 million for Grealish, I don't think we really need to spend that much money, Quality over Quantity this time please. Two quality wingers are the most important transfers we need. Not sure who will be partnering Konsa in defence all depends if Mings go. I don't really trust Hause & Engels. They will make decent squad players.  

Playoff is the minimum requirement. If the players still want to play for him, and the board are happy lets give Dean Smith the chance like Dyche got for Burnley to get us back up and who is now considered "a good manager". 

Who do you think we will keep and what position do we need to strengthen?  Should Dean Smith be the man to take us back up? Could we possibly keep Mcginn, Luiz, Mings and Wesley? 

lineup.png

What a massive contradiction. 

We are not down yet. Yes, it looks bad but how about getting rid of the defeatist attitude and believing til its confirmed?

Until its all said and done we are a premier league team.

Up the **** villa

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yep.

Will be interesting to see how he develops further.

Look used to the pace of the Premier League now. Think he will only kick on from here, but that won't be in the Championship. Not a chance

The only way we keep him is if he is loaned out and then we come straight back up.  

53 minutes ago, messi11 said:

lineup.png

Might as well  drop luiz deeper and have Jacob Ramsey in his position try to develop him into a goal scoring midfielder could work well off Wesley .

Â