Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He will be in a better side than blose in a lower league. I know id rather have him than samatta thays for sure

They would have been 9th without a points deduction and as said Hogan scored more in a Brentford team and an even shitter blues team

If we sign shit like Adams then we get what we deserve. Its like nobody remembers the past 

Just now, Zatman said:

They would have been 9th without a points deduction and as said Hogan scored more in a Brentford team and an even shitter blues team

If we sign shit like Adams then we get what we deserve. Its like nobody remembers the past 

Well we deserve everything we get with shit signings like samatta, trez and nakamba then on thag basis then

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wouldnt if we saw anything to get excited about.  He doesnt even look on wesleys level.

So because you don't rate him it means he has played the whole season here? 

Alrighty Then Jim Carrey GIF - AlrightyThen JimCarrey AceVentura ...

Edited by sne
  • Haha 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Well we deserve everything we get with shit signings like samatta, trez and nakamba then on thag basis then

What? Situation is not the same

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first times
I never think about the last

2 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Genuinely really looking forward to championship next year.

I've been disillusioned with the PL since long before our relegation. The top four push before being blown out the water by city and almost bankrupted just emphasised the pointlessness of it all. We'll never win it, even with sugar daddy owners, we will never be allowed to win it with FFP. Top level football really is set up to protect the status quo these days.

On top of all that, VAR has genuinely ruined football for me. I haven't celebrated a goal properly all year, waiting for some nonsense review before I can accept it. Totally ripped the emotion out of it.

While we would be angry at wrong decisions before that could always be accepted as human error, but to have obviously wrong decisions upheld after five minutes and ten camera angles just sends me into apoplectic rage.

I just want to watch my team play good entertaining football. Maybe win a title (playoff or championship feel just as good at the time) rather than a best case scenario of plodding along to a top six finish while sacrificing any cup runs time and again.

The fact we have that to look forward to in a league as relentless and competitive as the championship. Playing twice a week every week and without VAR is great. I'm looking forward to it

I said it before but it's just a shame being in EFL long term isn't financially sustainable and the prize for winning it is going back to the horror show that is the Premier League

This is similar to where I am. FFP has killed competition, and VAR really does take the enjoyment out of goals.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What? Situation is not the same

We relied in gambles. Id rather have proven than more cheap gambles. Both gayle and adams have scored goals in championship. I have faith that those two along with wes there is enough to get the goals at that level. If we come up we can sell them of we dont deem them good enough for pl.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He only scored against that dud team Liverpool in the Champions League and got 3 in 6 for the worst team in the group🙄

Is this sarcasm? Just because somebody scores against Liverpool doesn't instantly make them good 😅

Also, you're saying 3 in 6 as if that's groundbreaking.

Proven in the Championship means nothing. Ross McCormack was proven at Championship level. We all know how that signing ended up - with our current club captain crashing his Land Rover 4 years later after a house party during a pandemic enforced lockdown when Ross hadn't played for the club for about 3 years.

Having said that I think Gayle would be a decent signing as he offers something different, he's quick and strong, works hard for the team and has a nose for goal, but I'm not going to entertain this notion of proven Championship quality because there are too many external factors which influence a players performance.

In any case we're going to win the last two games and stay up so I hope we're aiming higher than Gayle.😉

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first times
I never think about the last

Now, the song is nearly over
We may never find out what it means
Still, there's a light I hold before me
You're the measure of my dreams, the measure of my dreams
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Erm why you referring to his premier  league record when im referring to his record in the championship? He is proven at championship level thats what we need for next season.

But lets stick with samatta who has 2 goals all season and had like 4 shots on target since January 

I'd imagine che adams will be given time to settle at southampton, time to improve and work on becoming a more regular prem league goalscorer over the next couple of years.

They won't write him off after less than half a season in the most difficult circumstances known in pl history. But, you know, carry on dem.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

Do you know think teams in the championship will look at us the same as the top 4 in PL .We are bigger, we can outspend them so is it a level playing field? I don't see the point of being excited to win the Championship if there is no interest in the prize - promotion to the PL.

The PL is tough and breaking the top 4 more so ( though Leicester are close to doing it again  and Wolves and Shef U have gotten close ) but as a club as big as us with 42,000 fans at home games I want to see us compete with the likes of Spurs , Everton etc rather than playing at Barnsley , Luton  clubs a third of a our size so we can be the Man city of the league and thrash them.Let's not forget in 3 years in the league we outspent everyone , we brought 3 strikers at a total cost of 50 mil from smaller teams.We were promoted after loaning a striker and paying 50k a week wages for him. I also don't recall us taking the cups too seriously , I'm sure we played weakened teams as we were concentrating on going up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again people base the championship on the last 2 months we were in it .For alot of it , it was just as shit as being in the PL we still lost  except it was against much smaller clubs it was shit.Drawing last night with Everton was crap but not as crap as drawing to QPR etc.

I accept alot of what you say mate. But no I enjoyed all three years of the championship. There were terrible lows and great highs. I'm not saying it's where I'd like to be forever more, but I just enjoy going to watch my team week in week out. With the hope that we can do well.

The championship is brilliantly mental. Anyone can beat anyone. I thoroughly enjoyed it overall, even if at times it was frustrating.

The Premier League has VAR which is a huge issue for me. But also FFP which has destroyed any illusion that anyone can break into the top 4 long term and banish the thought of anyone outside them winning the league (forget Leicester as that was an absolute freak). 

But I took real issue with the way we would field reserve teams in FA cup, uefa cup, league cup to focus on a league we had no chance of winning. Like finishing 6th instead of 8th was more important than a cup run or god forbid an actual trophy?!

In an ideal world we are top four in prem and challenging for titles. But it isn't going to happen with FFP. We may have the owners, but we are in an undesirable location and if spurs only just managed it for a short brief spell and arsenal are struggling to then we have no chance

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We relied in gambles. Id rather have proven than more cheap gambles. Both gayle and adams have scored goals in championship. I have faith that those two along with wes there is enough to get the goals at that level. If we come up we can sell them of we dont deem them good enough for pl.

Proven like Ross McCormack, Lescott or Bolasie? 

Im sure we planned on casually dumping Lansbury, Taylor, Hogan etc after promotion, that worked out well. Its real life not Fantasy Football

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Proven like Ross McCormack, Lescott or Bolasie? 

Im sure we planned on casually dumping Lansbury, Taylor, Hogan etc after promotion, that worked out well. Its real life not Fantasy Football

Mccormack was stupid signing.

Bolaise was a gamble he was completely unfit

Lescott was past his best??

You realise hogan flopped everywhere he went after he signed from us so that could perhaps be the reason. 

Have we even ever put taylor or lansbury up for sale??

Can we be good from the get go next season please and not rely on winning 10 in a row at the end.

Although unlikely to be achieved we need to go in there with smashing Reading’s points total in mind.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

When were we in the champions league 😂 his record elsewhere is irrelevent to now where he has generally been pants.

Just because you score a goal in champions league doesnt mean your good.

How many starts? And why havent you included his efl record? Thats the important facts no if we go down?

I haven’t included his EFL record because I am interested in who is the better option Wesley or Gayle. The only comparable stats we have are PL ones which are also the most recent. Do you think Gayle is better than Wesley? I don’t so why would we replace Wesley with someone inferior and older?

We will be without Tammy and Jack this time.

We got no prolific goal scorers up front. Next to no creativity in midfield. Our wingers are shocking.

I can see this team finishing around 9th if we fail once again in the recruitment. And remember there will be next to no pre season. New season will start almost straight away.

And remember Purslow is against loans. Unless there is a buy back clause.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Can we be good from the get go next season please and not rely on winning 10 in a row at the end.

Although unlikely to be achieved we need to go in there with smashing Reading’s points total in mind.

No chance if Smith is still in charge. He'll need time to get over the loss of Grealish and the new players to get used to his wonder ball. When we are 10th after 15 games, the players won't be good enough as we didn't buy the right players in the summer and lost Grealish, Mings and Luiz etc...

Yours,
Mystic Meg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

When we are 10th after 15 games, the players won't be good enough as we didn't buy the right players in the summer and lost Grealish, Mings and Luiz etc...

If the board keeps him on they will have to take the consequences of what will inevitable come.

• Like 1

Â