Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

Even if we were to lose Mings, Luiz, and Grealish... we could still name a first eleven with the players that we already have good enough to finish top six... Adding to those remaining players is what should see us as a top two team as long as we spend it wisely and have a manager that knows what he'd doing coaching them.

Edited by useless

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I haven’t included his EFL record because I am interested in who is the better option Wesley or Gayle. The only comparable stats we have are PL ones which are also the most recent. Do you think Gayle is better than Wesley? I don’t so why would we replace Wesley with someone inferior and older?

I want to keep wesley. Im comparing him to samatta who i think is the worst striker at the club.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Even if we were to lose Mings, Luiz, and Grealish... we could still name a first eleven with the players that we already have good enough to finish top six... Adding to those remaining players is what should see us as a top two team as long as we spend it wisely and have a manager that knows what he'd doing coaching them.

We played a weakened team without the likes of Jack and McGinn in the cup. And Fulham beat us.

That was a one off game, I'm not saying that minus Grealish, Mings and Luiz, we'd beat everyone, just that we'd still have a squad better than most current championship squads.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We played a weakened team without the likes of Jack and McGinn in the cup. And Fulham beat us.

Since when did the cup count for anything according to you?

Oh, that's right, it counts when it can be used as a reason to have a go at us.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If were to lose Grealish, Mings, McGinn, Trezeguet and Luiz, we'd have the money to invest in a side that could dominate the championship.

We won't be dominating the Champ. Have you learned nothing from previous years? And Dean Smith is an average coach.

We'd have done well to finish in the top 6. This team is very mediocre. The players are soft and have got a weak mentality. Very easy to bully.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We won't be dominating the Champ. Have you learned nothing from previous years? And Dean Smith is an average coach.

We'd have done well to finish in the top 6. This team is very mediocre. The players are soft and have got a weak mentality. Very easy to bully.

Terrible, terrible reading for all the coaches we've had that this man, who is our record holder for consecutive wins (no other manager in our history has achieved it), is an average coach.

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Terrible, terrible reading for all the coaches we've had that this man, who is our record holder for consecutive wins (no other manager in our history has achieved it), is an average coach.

Yeah but before that run we only had 2 wins in the last 12.

It's why we only finished 5th.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So, a club record breaking win doesn't matter? 

5 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Proviso... It was in the second tier. The small boys league.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Proviso... It was in the second tier. The small boys league.

We've been down to this tier and lower and never achieved it before.

The incredible Rafa benitez and Marcelo Bielsa have managed in this league and never achieved it. 

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

So, a club record breaking win doesn't matter? 

The main thing was getting into the top 6. That was always the target.

How we get in the top 6 don't matter to me. As long as we get there.

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

We've been down to this tier and lower and never achieved it before.

The incredible Rafa benitez and Marcelo Bielsa have managed in this league and never achieved it. 

So by that reasoning Dean Smith is waaay better than both.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

And went up above Bielsa and your beloved Leeds. This the same Bielsa who is going to outclass a number of hardened premier league managers next season. Same arguments over and over

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

So by that reasoning Dean Smith is waaay better than both.

Didn't say that. Just making these comparisons to a poster that said 'dean is an average coach' but these other coaches are the best things ever.

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

And went up above Bielsa and your beloved Leeds. This the same Bielsa who is going to outclass a number of hardened premier league managers next season. Same arguments over and over

It isn't the same thing. Leeds were a mid table to lower end of the table team when Bielsa took charge. He turned them into a top 3 side within his first season. Quite the transformation.

Villa had been in a Cup Final the season before Smith took  charge. 

And i'm not a Leeds "lover". I just am a really big fan of Bielsa and how his teams plays football.

Edited by villalad21

Â