Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

On 14/07/2020 at 21:02, Michelsen said:

That can’t be right, surely?

Edit: It is indeed. Apologies.

Hey youre on villa talk now - first rule of villa talk - never admit you were wrong !

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:
  • Aston Villa
  • small heath
  • West Brom
  • Coventry
  • Stoke
  • Nottingham Forest
  • Derby

If nothing else, it could be a festival of Midlands hate next term.

Wonder if Sky will just play ‘shit on the Villa’ as the opening music of their EFL show. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:
  • Aston Villa
  • small heath
  • West Brom
  • Coventry
  • Stoke
  • Nottingham Forest
  • Derby

If nothing else, it could be a festival of Midlands hate next term.

Take forest out dont there is no hate between thise clubs. Even derby.

The rest yes. Two trips to the sty cant thjnk of anything worse

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Take forest out dont there is no hate between thise clubs. Even derby.

The rest yes. Two trips to the sty cant thjnk of anything worse

In Midlands terms though, there's plenty of hate between Forest and Derby.

Taking who the manager is going to be out of it; I can foresee us being relatively strong in the championship next season

I think we will lose Douglas Luiz, Grealish and Mings adn Trezeguet....... got a feeling the injury and his flakey form since his comeback will stop clubs paying what we would want to move McGinn on, so my gut says he will remain with us.............. 

Goalkeepers:  Heaton and Steer, although injury prone are as good as anything in there

Rightbacks:  Elmo and Guilbert, again as good as anything in the league

Leftbacks:  Targett and Taylor - See abovr

Center Halves:  Konsa, Hause and Engels......... think we will struggle to improve on those 

Midfield:  McGinn, Hourihane, Lansbury, Nakamba......... think we will need to add at least one more addition to this probably two..........

Wide:  Jota, El Ghazi:   Personally think they will be good performers in the championship as proven........ probably need to add at least one more option to those two

Forwards:  Wesley, Samatta, Davis............... Definitely needs work here - I think only Weslet has the potential to  be the man to fire us back up, but unproven and weve no idea how he will come back from injury - so One may be two additions needed

I make that 4/5 Players max......... and id assume wed prob get close to getting our £130M spend from last summer back on the 4 players I foresee us losing....

Question is who to sign?

For me we need some proven championship quality who arent out of place in the prem should we gain promotion at first time of asking, even if they become squad players once we are up................. 

Personally id go for:

Midfielder Options:  Joe Allen from Stoke, Eze from QPR, Luke Freeman from Sheff Utd, Harry Arter from Bournemouth, Barry Bannan, 

Wide Options: Paul Ritchie from Newcastle, Ryan Fraser is up for a year in Championship, 

Striker Options:  Dwight Gayle from Toon, Andre Gray from Watford, Jordan Hugill from Wet Spam, Benik Afobe from Stoke;  Toney from Peterbrough, 

Granted probably far better options overseas that I know nothing about, but I feel we need players to hit the ground running immediately and get us straight back up, even if its loan players

If we go down I want us to go for players who are too good for the Championship rather than players who can do a job in the Championship.

We have the money to be able to do this, hopefully we have the smarts too.

22 minutes ago, sne said:

If we go down I want us to go for players who are too good for the Championship rather than players who can do a job in the Championship.

Have to agree, unless we do this we'll be back to square one should we get promoted. The likes of Eze and Karlan Grant need to be the type of championshio player we need to be looking at, but probably be someone from the Belgium league again!

2 hours ago, sne said:

our owners have the money - we as a club don't 

the leeds and west brom sides arent all that id be hoping if we do get relegated that we get automatic promotion.......every season we have had in the championship has been a struggle..........if we keep everyone bar grealish and mings we should win the championship surely

• Like 1

138 points to play for in the championship, if as is looking more and more likely we do go down, I expect us to put together a side capable of getting 100 of those points, anything less will be a shameful shameful season. We have to see it as an opportunity to build a decent side and get back into the premier league stronger than we are now.

29 minutes ago, useless said:

138 points to play for in the championship, if as is looking more and more likely we do go down, I expect us to put together a side capable of getting 100 of those points, anything less will be a shameful shameful season. We have to see it as an opportunity to build a decent side and get back into the premier league stronger than we are now.

Have to agree. 

I hate this league, I really do. And I honestly thought we seen the back of it. 

In a weird way we need Baggies to come up as it weakness the league. Leeds are already up no really (need a point). 

As good as Brentford are I think if they don’t come up their team will be ripped apart so maybe getting Fulham out the league is a good idea (money and London factor etc. favours them in the market). 

If we don’t come back, automatically, first time of asking.... it’s a real disaster. 

• Like 1

Â