Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Conor off. Drinkwater on. Just get someone on the pitch that can pass the ball forwards into feet for **** sake

Danny Drinkwater is one of the worst players I've ever seen represent us. No **** way is he the answer.

• Like 4

Really can’t complain with how we’ve been setup. We’ve been dying for a change in tactics and we got in 2 up top with Jack roaming freely. Only complaint I have is this insistence that we whip in dead balls to Hause repeatedly. He could’ve had multiple goals/assists last game and he himself has no idea where the ball is going after it leaves his head. Need to look for Mings or Davis on those set pieces. 

All of you could you please shut up with this traore thing, yes hes fast but our defence maybe able to shut him out, hopefully.

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

cus..........we are cr*p?

This is not about being poor at playing football, this is being poor at thinking. As a team I feel we have one the lowest footballing IQs in the top divisions. Frustrating 

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

Call me mad, but i would like to Jota on. He would run at them, probably get nowhere, But they have to mark him, taking players out of the formation

Agreed .. Jota has a keen eye for through passes too, that Samatta might read ... 

1 minute ago, NSmith22 said:

Really can’t complain with how we’ve been setup. We’ve been dying for a change in tactics and we got in 2 up top with Jack roaming freely. Only complaint I have is this insistence that we whip in dead balls to Hause repeatedly. He could’ve had multiple goals/assists last game and he himself has no idea where the ball is going after it leaves his head. Need to look for Mings or Davis on those set pieces. 

The opposition usually leave Hause free. They know they just know. 

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Call me mad, but i would like to Jota on. He would run at them, probably get nowhere, But they have to mark him, taking players out of the formation

@Robtaylor200 is a nutter...

there you go

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

All of you could you please shut up with this traore thing, yes hes fast but our defence maybe able to shut him out, hopefully.

It's not so long ago Alan Hutton had him in his pocket.

Glad we finally went with two up top and dropped the wide player with sub standard wide players.

Not too many signs of them falling yet but at least we have more players higher up the pitch which makes an immense difference to the overall pattern of play.

A well organised defence can Marshall a lone striker easily, as we’ve seen.

Keep saying it but big half boys, still a chance to recuse the season if they just show the right conviction at the right time, or we get lucky.