Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, jacketspuds said:

It should be. Kompany said it was close last Thursday.

Yeah I think Emery did too but it was Thursday Buendia got injured and the severity understood on Friday, so I hoped that maybe with both Emi, JJ (and the Harrison deal!) out due to injury we'd maybe see AJ stick around.

Doesn't appear that will be the case, though maybe that is causing the delay.

Suppose the other option is we delay it until after we play them in 2 weeks time but can't imagine we do that if we aren't concerned about him being good enough for us to sell him to a Prem team, holding him (and £14m) back for 2 weeks feels unlikely

• Like 1

On 12/08/2023 at 08:35, WHY said:

Isn’t there a new rule that only allows a team to loan out 7 players. We currently have 5 players out on loan and I’m pretty sure we would try and find loans for at least 4 other players. I’m not 100% on the rules though. 

Don’t Chelsea have around 20-30 players out on loan at any one time?

Sky Transfer Centre giving an 'update' which reads exactly like where it was 4 days ago. 

14m ago11:01

Burnley agree deal to sign Villa's Ramsey

Burnley have agreed a £14m deal to sign Aston Villa midfielder Aaron Ramsey. 

The agreement also contains potential add-ons on top of the fee and Villa have inserted a buy-back clause.

The 20-year-old is now discussing the terms of a contract with Villa should that clause be triggered by the club in future.

Ramsey has already completed a medical with Burnley and will finalise the move once he has agreed with Villa.

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11661/12476234/transfer-centre-live-romeo-lavia-harry-maguire-david-de-gea-and-gabriel-magalhaes-latest?postid=6291321#liveblog-body

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

SSN reporting it, £14m plus add ons with the buy back clause, medical complete, still just the potential return contract with villa to be agreed and then its all done

There's no news there tbf - all of this was at the same stage last week. 

I would guess they are having to be very careful with this 'return contract' - suspect Premier League will be looking closely at these type of deals that City and Villa are doing which seem to be finding loophole somewhere between loan and sale, presumably to help comply with FFP.

There's got to be a question if Villa essentially have a pre-agreed future contract in place with the player,  how does it functionally differ from a long-term loan? in particular in context of when the player is playing against us. 

19 minutes ago, switters said:

I would guess they are having to be very careful with this 'return contract' - suspect Premier League will be looking closely at these type of deals that City and Villa are doing which seem to be finding loophole somewhere between loan and sale, presumably to help comply with FFP.

There's got to be a question if Villa essentially have a pre-agreed future contract in place with the player,  how does it functionally differ from a long-term loan? in particular in context of when the player is playing against us. 

Would be just like the Premier League to suddenly give a shit when we do it, even though Citeh and Chelsea have been at it for years. Bunch of Peyronies. Bent pricks.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Hopefully he goes and shows his potential and then we buy him back and he's a success here too.

I think that's a strong possibility. I sometimes wonder if Pep doesn't wish he had activated the Luiz buy back clause. Imagine him now in that side?

• Like 1

Â