Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

59 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yes, just not much of it...

...and if we do want him back, we'll spend that profit plus a bit to bring him back into the fold.

Not a finance person myself 

However, I saw someone break it down which made it still seem decent.

Apparently on the balance sheet it's not just as straightforward as " 12 million " and would allow you to do a decent amount re other wages and transfer fees etc?

12 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

His brother, Diaby, Buendia, Bailey, Coutinho, Philogene all (or possibly could) play in that left AM role and would play there ahead of him, even if one or two of them would be out of position.

He’s not restricted to solely playing the left AM role in my opinion. I think he can play LM, RM and CM.

I imagine J. Ramsey, Diaby + McGinn are first choice.

Then Buendia, Coutinho, Bailey and JPB are back-up. I’m genuinely not inspired by this group. He might not be better than any of them this season - but it’s not far fetched to think he could be better than all of them in 24/25 or 26/27.

As I said before, if it’s a buy-back clause with a pre-agreed contract - fine. If it’s not, it does seem short-sighted.

As much as my heart says keep him he's one of our own and lets develop him some more and bring him into the team maybe after another loan, there is no clear pathway for him right now. So sell with clauses just makes sense.

• Like 1

Could we insert a buy back clause and insist on a percentage of any future fee above £12m, to cover us just in case, Aaron preferred another club's offer?

I was thinking something like 25%, with a £25m buy back for the next 2 or 3 years. 

1 minute ago, John said:

Could we insert a buy back clause and insist on a percentage of any future fee above £12m, to cover us just in case, Aaron preferred another club's offer?

I was thinking something like 25%, with a £25m buy back for the next 2 or 3 years. 

I think you can make the contract have many different clauses based on any given scenario playing out. I think we would be mad not to have a large sell on clause included as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Yeah 😕 although the BBC aren't the best lately. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be selling him for this cheap without a clause though?

Bloody hope not, but time will tell I suppose. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

No mention of a buy back 

tbf i dont think it was ever officially announced Luiz had a buy back, wasnt that just rumour mill/semi reported and we took it as gospel?

I think its dragging on due to how highly we rate him and the fact we are wanting to put these clauses in. Its good to see tbh, so often we have botched these types of high potential sales and have nothing to show for it. If its gonna happen then its good that its on our terms

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbf i dont think it was ever officially announced Luiz had a buy back, wasnt that just rumour mill/semi reported and we took it as gospel?

I don’t know if the clubs ever officially announced it but Pep did say there was a buyback option.

• Like 1

Â