Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I’m sad about this as I think it’s unlikely we will ever buy him back and I think he has a lot of potential to be a great homegrown player for us.

Logically I can of course accept he’s some distance from the team and that £32m from him and Chukwuemeka as unproven players is an amazing return from the academy in the last 12 months whatever they go on to do. But I’d still rather keep him.

Seems like the intricate details of that buyback clause are taking a while to sort out.

I'm confident that he will play for us again in a few years if he's good enough, and if not then no loss other than for sentimental reasons.

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m sad about this as I think it’s unlikely we will ever buy him back and I think he has a lot of potential to be a great homegrown player for us.

Logically I can of course accept he’s some distance from the team and that £32m from him and Chukwuemeka as unproven players is an amazing return from the academy in the last 12 months whatever they go on to do. But I’d still rather keep him.

If we don't buy him back surely that means that he just wasn't a good enough player?  If he is good enough then I would say that the chances of us buying him back are pretty high.  There are lots of examples of players in Spain going out on similar deals, gaining experience and then coming back straight into the starting XI of their "parent" team.

• Like 3

If someone told you could have Kamara on a long contract and Tielemans on a long contract for the price of a youngster that might never make it, that's worth paying. 

And if my maths is any good, we've still got some change from it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, allani said:

If we don't buy him back surely that means that he just wasn't a good enough player?  If he is good enough then I would say that the chances of us buying him back are pretty high.  There are lots of examples of players in Spain going out on similar deals, gaining experience and then coming back straight into the starting XI of their "parent" team.

You might be right, but equally I could argue if he’s on the books here he might get a run out in a European game, score a nice goal, get a spot on the bench for a PL game, get a run out at some point and break into the team. Or he might have a higher ceiling being coached by Emery than whoever is in charge at Burnley at Christmas. Or he might develop better in a decent team than one battling relegation. It’s quite possible he goes there, bosses it, looks amazing and we buy him back - but I think it’s less likely than him breaking in here.

Still, as I say, I can see the reasons and will back the club to get more of these right then wrong.

• Like 1

We’ll get to see one of our own play and develop in the best league in the world. We cant offer him that right now.

Then when he proves just how good he is, we take him back with open arms; a more complete, mature player hungry to do it for the club he loves. Going to be insane watching him join his brother in CL matchday squads 2026/27 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, allani said:

Or he got a better offer elsewhere hence why buyback clauses are stupid for teams like us

Not saying he will go to City/United etc but we have left it open

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We’ll get to see one of our own play and develop in the best league in the world. We cant offer him that right now.

Then when he proves just how good he is, we take him back with open arms; a more complete, mature player hungry to do it for the club he loves. Going to be insane watching him join his brother in CL matchday squads 2026/27 

What if he says no and doesn't want to come back as we shipped him out first time of asking

Just now, Zatman said:

What if he says no and doesn't want to come back as we shipped him out first time of asking

He can't say no, that's the point of agreeing the buy back clause and terms now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

He can't say no, that's the point of agreeing the buy back clause and terms now

Thats illegal. Its restriction of trade

Forcing somebody into a job in 2 years time. He is a human not a piece of meat

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

That's how football transfers work 🤣

I cant remember a transfer ever where a buy back clause forced a player to move. Its actually never happened

Lawyers would be all over it like Bosman part 2

Edited by Zatman

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats illegal. Its restriction of trade

Forcing somebody into a job in 2 years time. He is a human not a piece of meat

Forcing yeah. Gun to his head signing the contract is he? 🤣 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This deal hasn't happened without his agent setting it up. We weren't actively trying to sell him. Aaron is probably more keen then we are. It's a fantastic opportunity for him and most likely a large pay rise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I cant remember a transfer ever where a buy back clause forced a player to move. Its actually never happened

Lawyers would be all over it like Bosman part 2

Seriously, this is just amusing. The buy back is always on a good chunk more money and moving back to the "bigger" club. No player and his agent are going to suddenly go, oh this is terrible, we get a big pay increase and sign on bonus. We need to go on strike, we're being treated like meat

Just now, VillaAlex said:

This deal hasn't happened without his agent setting it up. We weren't actively trying to sell him. Aaron is probably more keen then we are. It's a fantastic opportunity for him and most likely a large pay rise. 

Of course my issue is people assuming its guaranteed he is coming back

Â