Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

I have been watching McGinn for years now. What made McGinn special in my honest opinion was when he took up a relatively deep position, breaking up attacks and then using his energy and burst of pace to drive through midfield, turning defence into attack. I really think Smith is playing him out of position. He is playing far too far forward, effectively being man marked and not able to use the attributes that he was renowned for. I know it is his first game back but seeing this situation unfold well before his injury. Smith turning great player into mediocre player. 

3 minutes ago, smg said:

He caught it was knocked backwards by Davies when standing on one leg the other was behind him and off the ground

He didn't catch it cleanly in the air and before landing. If he did, he could have held the ball forward with his arms rather than tight against his body. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stoobs said:

I have been watching McGinn for years now. What made McGinn special in my honest opinion was when he took up a relatively deep position, breaking up attacks and then using his energy and burst of pace to drive through midfield, turning defence into attack. I really think Smith is playing him out of position. He is playing far too far forward, effectively being man marked and not able to use the attributes that he was renowned for. I know it is his first game back but seeing this situation unfold well before his injury. Smith turning great player into mediocre player. 

It's his first game back in 6 months ffs

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’m surprised the Sheffield players didn’t make more fuss, it was so far over.

They were actually celebrating, McBurnie runs away cheering

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Rumours the goal has now been given

I am fairly confident there is no way they could do that within the rules.

1 minute ago, Stoobs said:

I've said the same for months mate. 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Apparently it could have done , so double errors all around 

I genuinly can't see the use of VAR. It's inconsistent, and generally leads to more confusion and anger than it solves.

Been an awful addition to English football in its current state. 

Just now, Michelsen said:

I am fairly confident there is no way they could do that within the rules.

Come on, the rules are being changed left right and centre. Nothing would surprise me.