The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Most pizzas you buy from Chains are pretty rubbish. 

If you have a proper pizza from a restaurant I usually enjoy them far more so I'm suprised you didn't.  I think it's that the chains just use the nastiest, cheapest ingredients they can. 

Weirdly the restaurant attached to The Premier Inn in Waterloo Street used to do really good pizzas.  Was usually my go to meal when I used to go there regularly,  but anything from a chain and I am just meh. Would prefer a supermarket bake your own most of the time, and at about 1/8th of the price. 

Well this is thing - the two restaurant pizzas I had recently were from relatively fancy Italian restaurants. That’s what has made me think maybe I just don’t like pizza. 

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not liking chips is like not liking oxygen

I get bored easy with chips from the chip shop. Sounds crazy but the first 10 or so are great then I'm bored of them. Can just about manage a cone of chips at most and I need curry sauce to get through them. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I get bored easy with chips from the chip shop. Sounds crazy but the first 10 or so are great then I'm bored of them. Can just about manage a cone of ships at most and I need curry sauce to get through them. 

That's where the kebab meat comes in to save the day 

• Like 2

I can never bore of chips but Chinese we had every Thursday night for about 20 years.  Been round what I like on the menu and now I can take it or leave it and it's nowhere near weekly anymore. 

I love chips, but I don't have a big appetite, and I find that chippies (round here at any rate) give portions that are WAY too big. Me and the missus usually have one portion of fish and chips between us (or at most, two fish and one chips). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BOF said:

no idea idk GIF

Nope, sorry, I can't. That makes no sense. You're just trolling now.  Get out.

My old housemate was the same and it made me want to punch him too. His type 1 diabetes would have been a reasonable excuse if he swore off chocolate all together.

He used to eat at least one of the £1 corner shop bars of chocolate every day but the time I made chocolate fondants he "didn't fancy it".

This is a man who also doesn't like sauces (not out of a plastic bottle) and would have ketchup instead of homemade gravy with a roast instead. I really need to delete his number.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I love chips, but I don't have a big appetite, and I find that chippies (round here at any rate) give portions that are WAY too big. Me and the missus usually have one portion of fish and chips between us (or at most, two fish and one chips). 

That’s what my folks do. Imagine my discontent, when I was round their’s once and joined them for fish and chips, and they tried to palm me off by having one large portion of chips and three fish between us.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

These words have never once been uttered by me in my entire life.

Yeah, I was thinking about what you were saying about your big appetite. My best mate is the same. He and his missus are part of our gang that has frequent holidays together, and as a keen cook, he makes a lot of the meals. But I look at the way he heaps up his plate, with at least three or four times as much as I could manage, and it makes me feel almost ill. I do like to snack, but otherwise two small meals a day is fine for me. 

• Like 1

If we're back on to the chippy... Who the **** eats roe? 

Back when I was working at one and got to take home anything that was left at the end of the night (which some days was ridiculous... I would start measuring up the kebab pot at 6pm) I wasn't a huge saveloy fan but I at least got it, tinned roe though blew my mind with how popular and how bad it was 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have been thinking for the past few months, I don’t think I like chips. I like potato but rarely finish chips on my plate and don’t enjoy them when I am eating them. 

You're probably not using enough gravy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I was thinking about what you were saying about your big appetite. My best mate is the same. He and his missus are part of our gang that has frequent holidays together, and as a keen cook, he makes a lot of the meals. But I look at the way he heaps up his plate, with at least three or four times as much as I could manage, and it makes me feel almost ill. I do like to snack, but otherwise two small meals a day is fine for me. 

I don't know if it was how I was brought up or genetic or what, but I'm like that.

Don't get me wrong, that's not how I eat. But I have to consciously control my portion sizes all the time to avoid that. My nature is just to eat as much as possible. When I was younger I used to order stuff in a restaurant based on portion size almost exclusively. I wouldn't order anything I didn't like, but if my favourite dish on the menu was half the size of my 10th favourite dish, I'd order my 10th favourite dish.

I read about a condition once that meant you were always hungry and wondered if I had something like that. I'm almost never full. If I eat a particularly large meal I reckon I'm full for about half an hour and then I can eat again.

If ate what I wanted when I was hungry I'd be morbidly obese

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

That’s what my folks do. Imagine my discontent, when I was round their’s once and joined them for fish and chips, and they tried to palm me off by having one large portion of chips and three fish between us.

I would go back out and buy my own. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

He used to eat at least one of the £1 corner shop bars of chocolate every day but the time I made chocolate fondants he "didn't fancy it".

Are you absolutely 100% certain it wasn't just that your chocolate fondant were a bit shit and he was just being polite?

tastes like chicken GIF by KING OF THE ROAD

• Like 1

Â