The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

Yes, it has to be absolutely tons of thick butter melting into everything, preferably on a nice thick piece of real crusty bread.   Sausage sandwich without butter is like a Twix without caramel or chocolate, just a dry biscuit.  

I think I'm going to have to block quite a few on here.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Clowns. 

A breakfast sandwich should be bread, white, obviously. Butter deep enough to slow a bike down, the meat, preferably sausage. When eating, let the butter hit the rectangle left sitting below. You then get extra butter. 

I can take or leave the sauce. 

• Like 2

Butter on breakfast sandwiches is immoral. You're all going to hell. It's right there in the 11 commandments

11. Do not sully thy hot meaty sandwiches with the churned milk of a cow

Moses was just a forgetful word removed

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Butter on breakfast sandwiches is immoral. You're all going to hell. It's right there in the 11 commandments

Take it to the religion thread. Them weirdos might be ok with this view of yours but here that doth butter no parsnips. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In fact, I don’t even qualify any kind of bread/filling combo as a sandwich without butter. 

i was horrified when I saw Americans spreading each piece of bread just with Mayo!

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

In fact, I don’t even qualify any kind of bread/filling combo as a sandwich without butter. 

i was horrified when I saw Americans spreading each piece of bread just with Mayo!

I wonder is Miracle Whip still a thing. And how is Harry doing these days*.

* niche retro ad reference.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

I wonder is Miracle Whip still a thing. And how is Harry doing these days*.

* niche retro ad reference.

yeah you can get it here too

and i use mayo as the spread, cheese and ham sandwich with mayo on one slice mustard on the other, butter is redundant its not needed

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why would anyone choose dry bread over buttered bread? Worlds gone insane.

i dont think anyone is

its the use of butter to provide the wet that is the issue, you dont need butter on a sausage sandwich when that sandwich has sauce on it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

giphy.gif

44 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

At Phillpots they went through a phase of asking you if you wanted butter or olive oil on your sandwich.  Olive Oil?  **** off you clearing in the woods.

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dont think anyone is

its the use of butter to provide the wet that is the issue, you dont need butter on a sausage sandwich when that sandwich has sauce on it

Butter is not just "wet" it's flavour and texture and all round yumminess.

• Like 1

I agree about the butter apart from solely a bacon sandwich, when I’ll soak up all of the fat form the baking tray, so I’ve got extra bacony fats rather than a competing flavour. Sausage sandwich I don’t have often but yeah butter it up boy.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I agree about the butter apart from solely a bacon sandwich, when I’ll soak up all of the fat form the baking tray, so I’ve got extra bacony fats rather than a competing flavour. Sausage sandwich I don’t have often but yeah butter it up boy.

Thats how to eat a bacon sandwich ! I soak it up then fire the bread under the grill for a toast fat side only , like a bit of white pepper also 

• Like 1

Â