The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

17 hours ago, Xela said:

Also there were potato croquettes injected with tomato sauce which I thought were called 'ketchups' but no-one ever remembers them and I can find no evidence they ever existed! I used to like them as well (assuming I haven't dreamt them)

I remember them Alex and used to have them as well. I forgot about them completely until I saw your post. They were called ‘Ketchips’.  We’d have them usually with a Bernard Matthews Chicken Escalope or a Dalepak rib steak thing. 

image.jpeg.aa357a31484e4f641902f4cf6579f84f.jpeg

image.jpeg.61623a1b13020249e93018c2bb53f727.jpeg

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 4

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I remember them Alex and used to have them as well. I forgot about until I saw your post. They were called ‘Ketchips’.  We’d have them usually with a Bernard Matthews Chicken Escalope or a Dalepak rib steak thing. 

image.jpeg.61623a1b13020249e93018c2bb53f727.jpeg

I loved those ribsteaks. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I remember them Alex and used to have them as well. I forgot about them completely until I saw your post. They were called ‘Ketchips’.  We’d have them usually with a Bernard Matthews Chicken Escalope or a Dalepak rib steak thing. 

Yes! Thanks. I knew I wasn't going mad (well, not for this reason anyway!)

The tomato filling was hotter than the sun. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I loved those ribsteaks. 

They used to do them at the chip shop outside my local about 25 years ago. They would fry them and call them king ribs. Absolutely delicious

• Like 2

On 29/01/2022 at 12:39, BOF said:

Craving a Kiev seems to be quite in vogue these days.

I used to like the Kiev's which had the masala filling. Can't seem to get them now. Its either cheese and ham, mushroom, or the boring original garlic sauce.

This clearly shows that we have regressed as a civilisation since the 90s.

• Like 1

If we're full on in a 90's frozen food nostalgia kick, then Findus crispy pancakes deserve a mention. 

Cook in the oven until the contents are hotter than lava. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

If we're full on in a 90's frozen food nostalgia kick, then Findus crispy pancakes deserve a mention. 

Cook in the oven until the contents are hotter than lava. 

Bit controversial but I really liked the chicken curry ones. Think they stopped them quite quickly probably because they were less popular than beef or cheese. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I used to like the Kiev's which had the masala filling. Can't seem to get them now. Its either cheese and ham, mushroom, or the boring original garlic sauce.

Sainsbury’s have just launched a Hunters Chicken Kiev, quite tasty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2022 at 11:41, choffer said:

That was a student staple but I added to it. Instead of water it was Heinz cream of tomato soup. Added fried bacon to it for some additional flavour.

The very thought it it now turns my stomach. 

Sorry did everyone just ignore this? There’s people out there making pot noodles with CREAM OF TOMATO SOUP, and we are just going to stand idly by? Has anyone no shame? Have we given up?

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â