The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

26 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

That'll teach him to order chicken on a pizza.

Nothing wrong with chicken on a pizza. Tried to get him to order this one but he refused. 

Screenshot_20220515_135015.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Nothing wrong with chicken on a pizza. Tried to get him to order this one but he refused. 

Not a fan of it. Never was. As for trying to get him to order a pineapple one, I'm thinking of calling child services.

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Not a fan of it. Never was. As for trying to get him to order a pineapple one, I'm thinking of calling child services.

But Tuna on the pizza is okay? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'd order that to be fair

my old local post nightclub 2 for £8 food poisoning roulette pizza place did a cracking tropical chicken pizza with like a bbq sauce base, flavoured chicken, sweetcorn and pineapple, it was my go to

They also did a tuna pizza which came with little prawns which was OK but a bit bland, my problem with it is the prawns had the black lines along the back, not sure where and when I learned thats the prawns shit, I've got very fussy over that, can't eat them anymore 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd order that to be fair

my old local post nightclub 2 for £8 food poisoning roulette pizza place did a cracking tropical chicken pizza with like a bbq sauce base, flavoured chicken, sweetcorn and pineapple, it was my go to

They also did a tuna pizza which came with little prawns which was OK but a bit bland, my problem with it is the prawns had the black lines along the back, not sure where and when I learned thats the prawns shit, I've got very fussy over that, can't eat them anymore 

My favourite pizza is probably tuna, olive and anchovies. Happy for prawns to be on there but the rare occasions you get capers too it's fantastic. 

• Like 3

Further to the pizza talk elsewhere

I came across some other German cuisine at the in laws, they call it pizza toast

They get a big mixing bowl, chop up some mushrooms, ham, salami, half a tin of sweetcorn, pepper, throw in a bag of grated cheese and then a small pack of cream and stir it all together, leave it in the fridge for a few hours, then they take a slice of plain white bread, toast it, put the mix on top and stick it under the grill until melted

Its pretty good to be fair, very moorish and would definitely go down after a drinking session

• Like 1

On 15/05/2022 at 22:21, villa4europe said:

Further to the pizza talk elsewhere

I came across some other German cuisine at the in laws, they call it pizza toast

They get a big mixing bowl, chop up some mushrooms, ham, salami, half a tin of sweetcorn, pepper, throw in a bag of grated cheese and then a small pack of cream and stir it all together, leave it in the fridge for a few hours, then they take a slice of plain white bread, toast it, put the mix on top and stick it under the grill until melted

Its pretty good to be fair, very moorish and would definitely go down after a drinking session

Have you come across toast Hawaii? The missus and her family think it's great, not a staple of the diet, just every now and then. It consists of that toastbrot, ketchup, ham (similar in quality to the toastbrot), pineapple, and cheese, slapped under the grill. It makes me nauseous just thinking about it. I've also tried it as I'm open to most things. It's not good.

Edited by sparrow1988

On 13/05/2022 at 20:59, Spoony said:

Having said that, I haven’t been to a single country in the world where the ‘standard supermarket bread’ that MOST people are buying and eating day to day isn’t just the same shit in a different wrapper. I’ve never experienced a culture of literally everyone eating delicious bakery bread every day.

Come to Poland bro

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Have you come across toast Hawaii? The missus and her family think it's great, not a staple of the diet, just every now and then. It consists of that toastbrot, ketchup, ham (similar in quality to the toastbrot), pineapple, and cheese, slapped under the grill. It makes me nauseous just thinking about it. I've also tried it as I'm open to most things. It's not good.

yeah ive heard of it and seen it on sale at cafes around here but never eaten it, i've only had the cream base style rather than the ketchup

On 12/05/2022 at 10:23, sidcow said:

No no no no.

How the **** people eat a sausage sandwich without butter is a complete mystery to me. PLUS sauce of course and red at that unless you are The Devil incarnate. 

As Tony Ferrino would say, butter me up.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2022 at 19:59, Spoony said:

I’ve never experienced a culture of literally everyone eating delicious bakery bread every day. Most people are grabbing the cheap shit and readily available stuff every day, from my experience. 

Have you ever been to France, if so, were your eyes shut?

You'd generally have to travel further to buy "supermarket bread" than to buy it fresh. Generally no-one eats supermarket bread so the supermarkets have very little wrapped and sliced bread in them anyway.

Like most countries, sliced bread is for toast and even then it's still a desperation move

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have you ever been to France, if so, were your eyes shut?

You'd generally have to travel further to buy "supermarket bread" than to buy it fresh. Generally no-one eats supermarket bread so the supermarkets have very little wrapped and sliced bread in them anyway.

Like most countries, sliced bread is for toast and even then it's still a desperation move

Germany dont tend to eat sandwiches either, if they have brot or toast brot they'll eat one slice at a time with toppings, they'll use bread rolls for fillings and even then most of the time they'll half the bread roll and just eat one half at a time with a topping

and they actually have an abend brot culture, my in laws will have their big warm meal for lunch and then have bread rolls again on the night (they have bread rolls for breakfast every day) if they're in the mood they'll eat bread rolls with cheese and salami 3 times a day

there's a reason there's something like 55k bakeries in germany, people cant do it every day because of the cost but its close and even when they dont its then frozen home bake bread rolls bought from the supermarket and not bread

On 15/05/2022 at 20:23, villa4europe said:

🤮 

Â