The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Butter and ketchup on a chip butty though.

To bring it full circle gravy for me 😁

One of the things I look forward to coming come, captain cods on station hill in kiddy, chip bap with gravy and a tray of kebab meat 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

No butter on a sausage or bacon sandwich for me.

Butter and ketchup on a chip butty though.

Incidentally, cold egg is wrong.

Egg and cress? No. 

You almost won the internet but for the glaring chip butty error ….it’s butter only with a chip butty  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

You almost won the internet but for the glaring chip butty error ….it’s butter only with a chip butty  

Good with ketchup, good without.

I do love that feeling of melted butter dripping out of a chip butty onto your hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

tenor.gif

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

What about gravy on a sausage sandwich? 

49 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

i probably would you know, if you used instant gravy and made it thick id probably go for it with some mustard and maybe fried onion

same kind of thing as a hot pork bap, it would work

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I would have no problem with that at all. Good idea in fact. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i dont think anyone is

its the use of butter to provide the wet that is the issue, you dont need butter on a sausage sandwich when that sandwich has sauce on it

But with dry bread the sauce just soaks into the bread and you may as well not even have sauce.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

But with dry bread the sauce just soaks into the bread and you may as well not even have sauce.

I'm eating it so quick that's not a problem, thr sauce ain't got time to go nowhere 

I'd also say out of all food bread is the one I'm most picky about, I also bin a lot of it because I don't eat dry bread, it's got to be good soft bread, spring test and everything

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm eating it so quick that's not a problem, thr sauce ain't got time to go nowhere 

I'd also say out of all food bread is the one I'm most picky about, I also bin a lot of it because I don't eat dry bread, it's got to be good soft bread, spring test and everything

A sausage sandwich with fresh thick cut crusty bread is almost a completely different meal to one using pre sliced long life bread. Difference is night and day. 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Finally, someone gets it.

58 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A sausage sandwich with fresh thick cut crusty bread is almost a completely different meal to one using pre sliced long life bread. Difference is night and day. 

My experience of England is that your bread is generally terrible. It's like you don't even like bread over there. Like how Americans don't generally do proper cheese. The vast vast majority of the bread available in your shops is the run of the mill long life sliced pan, and even those ones you've got are shit. I agree with you that the thick crusty is a different meal, but I'm now beginning to think when talking bread with an English person we're probably not even talking like for like, and the things you guys do, or do not do, to your bread is heavily influenced by what you're working with to begin with. I sympathise with your plight.

• Like 2

You people are using shitey whitey for your sausage sandwiches aren't you?

The type of bread you use is important. Shitey Whitey is not where it's at, this is why you are using butter

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

My experience of England is that your bread is generally terrible. It's like you don't even like bread over there. Like how Americans don't generally do proper cheese.

Very much this, the missus and I even had this very conversation in the supermarket the other day

UK Bread is generally effin awful

I don't care if you baked it instore, you baked a turd

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

My experience of England is that your bread is generally terrible. It's like you don't even like bread over there. Like how Americans don't generally do proper cheese. The vast vast majority of the bread available in your shops is the run of the mill long life sliced pan, and even those ones you've got are shit. I agree with you that the thick crusty is a different meal, but I'm now beginning to think when talking bread with an English person we're probably not even talking like for like, and the things you guys do, or do not do, to your bread is heavily influenced by what you're working with to begin with. I sympathise with your plight.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Â