The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

Just now, villa4europe said:

It looks alright but 3 different things, you aren't eating that in one mouthful, you'd do well to eat the egg with the frosting or the muffin with the frosting 

Over exuberance for the sake of it 

It was on the small side actually, bot too bad but that's my indulgence allowance quota full  until April.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just on pickled onions I’ve noticed that I’m turning into the kind of slip-on shoe adorning hessian sack wearing bloke that pickles all things that are about to turn. No vegetable is ever wasted in our household.

The wife, however, doesn’t like pickles. Although I think she supports my zero-waste approach, I can confirm that saying things like “I like pickles” doesn’t get you laid. 

• Haha 3

just been reminded of what i had last week, thought it was better suited to here than the what you eatin thread 

See the source image

the fishfinger pizza

when i was a kid i loved dr oetker pizzas because of the thin crust which compared to the iceland deep pan pizzas id grown up with they were so much better, seems like in the last 20 years frozen pizza quality has just gotten better, the problem with this wasnt the fishfingers it was the garbage cardboard bland base, obviously not helped by pizza and fishfingers having a cooking time difference of around 10 minutes so i was left with overcooked pizza and undercooked fishfingers

Why anybody would trust a German (regardless of degree or certification) with anything to do with pizza, is beyond me.

As for gravy and chips vs. cheese and chips: why not both with poutine?

8 minutes ago, leviramsey said:

Why anybody would trust a German (regardless of degree or certification) with anything to do with pizza, is beyond me.

WB Levi! The issue isn't with gravy and chips, this is normal behaviour, the deviants are the ones that have gravy with battered fish

Wrong on all the levels of civility that exist

• Like 2

5 hours ago, leviramsey said:

It's the fish fingers I wouldn't trust them with. The rest of it's European muck of one shade or another.

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

just been reminded of what i had last week, thought it was better suited to here than the what you eatin thread 

See the source image

the fishfinger pizza

when i was a kid i loved dr oetker pizzas because of the thin crust which compared to the iceland deep pan pizzas id grown up with they were so much better, seems like in the last 20 years frozen pizza quality has just gotten better, the problem with this wasnt the fishfingers it was the garbage cardboard bland base, obviously not helped by pizza and fishfingers having a cooking time difference of around 10 minutes so i was left with overcooked pizza and undercooked fishfingers

I had, just once, a dr oetker pizza. It was utterly vile. Manky cheese, tasteless tomato, some sort of stale oregano herby taint. Garbage. 0/10 wnb

• Like 2

16 hours ago, leviramsey said:

Welcome back Levi !! 👍👍

• Like 1

Was at a pretty fancy but very decent bar in London recently and they had a drink that contained “octopus milk”. I didn’t enquire anything further but a friend of mine went back to that bar recently and asked what it is and apparently they just boil octopuses down and call the residual liquid “octopus milk”.

So. Many. ****. Questions. 

I feel like this is the correct thread to address this: people need to get over their hatred of fruit with savoury foods and meats. Sugar and tangy (fruit) is incredible at cutting through salt and so many meaty meals are salty. I feel the same with cheese tbh. Cheese on its own is a waste of time but add a slightly sweet and tangy chutney and boom you’re in party flavour town with your mate Tasty who has a duplex in Yum City.

It seems trendy to lash out at E.g. apricots in couscous or a tagine, raisins in coronation chicken, pineapple on a pizza or a burger, Forest fruits like blackberries with something meaty and gamey. And yet people will have mango chutney with savoury Indian food, will have Chinese or Indian takeaway food that is full of sugar, BBQ sauces that are full of sugar (and sometimes fruits) and yet it is fruit that is the devil in savoury food as it is “too sweet”.

This madness must end. 

• Like 4

Â