2x Hash Brown

1x Egg

Decent portion of tinned tomatoes

No sauce

Butter

Yeah, it's a big batch

Just now, villa4europe said:

Missed off the 2 best ingredients! 

If it's on offer I'd take a slice of black pud. 

I feel like bacon is overkill; double sausage is sufficient. 

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

My experience of England is that your bread is generally terrible. It's like you don't even like bread over there. Like how Americans don't generally do proper cheese. The vast vast majority of the bread available in your shops is the run of the mill long life sliced pan, and even those ones you've got are shit. I agree with you that the thick crusty is a different meal, but I'm now beginning to think when talking bread with an English person we're probably not even talking like for like, and the things you guys do, or do not do, to your bread is heavily influenced by what you're working with to begin with. I sympathise with your plight.

I've got 2 stories on this

My brothers in law in Germany work for the factory that make the bags for Warburtons (and tesco carrier bags) when they first met me they asked me to take a photo of the bread aisle in an English supermarket because no one at their factory could believe what we were doing with all the bags, how could we possibly eat so much plain sliced bread (which they call toast brot because its only good for toasting and is generally looked down on) 

Years back when I worked at a cookie factory I spent some time in tesco working with them and their ovens because all of their "fresh" bakery products actually get delivered frozen and then are either thaw and serve (donuts) baked in store (cookies) or part baked and finished off in store (bread) not to sound too harsh on the "bakers" in the store but they were a mixture of lazy, didn't really know what they're doing and had no time, the big ovens they have come with settings for each product, a certain type of bread has a certain code and the computer on the oven does the rest for them... But they don't use it, they will put different products in together, they will play with temperatures and times thinking even 2 mins or 10° makes no difference but it makes a huge difference 

Basically we have mass production problems 

The sainsburys in kiddy you could build a house with their crusty bread, mentioned it before we had a spring test at the factory, that means that with a proper crusty loaf of bread you should be able to squeeze the middle and it springs back to where it was, do that in sainsburys and it doesn't spring back it has a hole in the top of the crust where you've broken it 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, hogso said:

If it's on offer I'd take a slice of black pud. 

I feel like bacon is overkill; double sausage is sufficient. 

Butchers black pudding, black pudding can swing between the best ingredient or the worst depending on where you get it from

I'd take bacon over sausage personally and I can happily eat the cheapest nastiest bacon going, sausage again I'm leaning towards better quality to enjoy them 

Recently had some black pudding sausages from sainsburys, think they were own brand, got them trying to be posh... Two bites and binned them, horrible things 

edit - these are the offenders

Sainsbury's Hog & Black Pudding Sausages, Taste the Difference 400g

absolutely disgusting

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Butchers black pudding, black pudding can swing between the best ingredient or the worst depending on where you get it from

I'd take bacon over sausage personally and I can happily eat the cheapest nastiest bacon going, sausage again I'm leaning towards better quality to enjoy them 

high-five-39.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogso said:

My favourite breakfast batch consists of;

2x Sausage

2x Hash Brown

1x Egg

Decent portion of tinned tomatoes

No sauce

Butter

Yeah, it's a big batch

What's the story with tinned tomatoes for breakfast? They are an ingredient, not something to be eaten on their own.

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Recently had some black pudding sausages from sainsburys, think they were own brand, got them trying to be posh... Two bites and binned them, horrible things 

edit - these are the offenders

Sainsbury's Hog & Black Pudding Sausages, Taste the Difference 400g

absolutely disgusting

serves you right for buying something with Apple in them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What's the story with tinned tomatoes for breakfast? They are an ingredient, not something to be eaten on their own.

If you have fried bread, tinned tomatoes for me are the best wet accompaniment. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Yeah, an ingredient of my breakfast batch.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Mrs Sidcow always has tinned tomatoes on a cooked breakfast, she also doesn't like beans though (this is her replacement) so her opinion is pretty much null and void really.

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Mrs Sidcow always has tinned tomatoes on a cooked breakfast, she also doesn't like beans though (this is her replacement) so her opinion is pretty much null and void really.

Both are optional extras and should not be considered an essential item

Anything outside of bacon, sausage and fried egg is an optional extra. It's not a fried breakfast without the triumvirate intact on the plate 

• Like 1

bacon, beans, hash browns, tinned tomatos, sausage, and a slice or two of ( diagonally cut ) fried bread. That's all the good ones and none of the shite ( mushrooms,  black pudding etc ). I can tolerate the odd egg but it is not actively encouraged. 

For me it's bacon beans and toast, that's the start of a meal and I build out from there when I get greedy 

Hash Browns are the biggest problem because I like them there for texture so super crispy and most of the time I can't be bothered to wait for them 

Â