Pre-Match Thread

John

...........................Nyland.........................

Konsa.......Hause.......Mings.......Targett

.........................Luiz................................

ElGhazi.....McGinn.....Hourihane....Grealish

......................Davis................................

Thats what i think should be the starting lineup, because I’d start the same 11 who now have that little bit more match sharpness and fitness than anyone else. However, if ElGhazi isn’t doing it again, then I would hope that Dean is brave enough to change it early, and I’d bring on Samatta to play off of Davis, if Davis is having as much of an effect on the game as he had against Sheffield Utd. But more important than anything is that we put in another display which is defensively much tighter again. It’s looking ever likely that goal difference could come into play and it’s fanciful to think we’ll score plenty, so we must remain tighter. 

• Like 1

watching the 12 min highlights versus sheff utd, we were pretty good actually, Davis was very good.

I think the issue is, we played well and it was "so close", "nearly", "we thought that was the moment"..........thats the story of our season tbh, we havent been able to actually put teams to the sword when it mattered.

Edited by MaVilla

People talk about being happy with a point, but I think we need a win not just for the three points but also to show the we can beat one of the division's better sides, otherwise our form against them is going to play on our minds, not something we need when most of our remaining games are against the better teams. A win today would give us a lot more confidence for our remaining fixtures.

Edited by useless

57 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

watching the 12 min highlights versus sheff utd, we were pretty good actually, Davis was very good.

I think the issue is, we played well and it was "so close", "nearly", "we thought that was the moment"..........thats the story of our season tbh, we havent been able to actually put teams to the sword when it mattered.

We have chances, but sometimes they border on half chances.

We don't really pull teams around and disrupt them to get clear chances, our play is a bit predictable and laboured, no spark, no pace in the team.

We don't really have a player up front who forages and turns the ball over, not really quick enough to the ball......and because the wingers are in consistent the timing for runs is spasmodic.

The inconsistencies, create doubt and hesitation that leads to disjointed  play.

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

My gamely moment of baseless optimism has arrived: we just might nick this one.

funny you say that....I feel the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I have normal £1 on 4:1 @100/1 cheeky toads are offering me 0.81p to cash in now. No way I am cashing in until we are 4:0 up 

set your lifeline at 2 and keep your 50/50 & ask the audience.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Keep thinking about that great save by Henderson from Keinan's shot.

After watching Spurs - Man U i'm convinced that would end up in the back of the net if De Gea was in goal

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

After watching Spurs - Man U i'm convinced that would end up in the back of the net if De Gea was in goal

Henderson was top drawer.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

We should be ahead of them in match fitness and we have a decent home record against them, I’m gonna remain optimistic for today :) 

come on boys, massive chance to kickstart the season here after yesterday’s results.

We should but after watching Brighton - Arsenal yesterday it didn't seem to have much of an effect

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Would have been against most keepers. He hit it with some ferocity, shots like that are normally past the keeper in a flash. DH is a top keeper, made it look easy.

• Thanks 1

Louie Barry's 17th birthday today

Would be great to see deano stick him on the bench, obviously not got the give VP a real buzz impact around it anymore but still think it would add an element of excitement and anticipation