Pre-Match Thread

John

9 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

For me, he didn't show as much as I hoped. Great when a shot is on or for a free kick. But goes missing for long periods 

I think very often the above would be a description of a standard Conor performance. But he played pretty well on Wednesday picking up second balls and keeping the ball moving (helped by Davis' hold up play) and his set-pieces were ok too, he looked more hungrier than I've seen before. Starts for me. 

13 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I think very often the above would be a description of a standard Conor performance. But he played pretty well on Wednesday picking up second balls and keeping the ball moving (helped by Davis' hold up play) and his set-pieces were ok too, he looked more hungrier than I've seen before. Starts for me. 

IMO he needs to be in the team for his set pieces alone.

Honestly it could be the difference between survival and relegation.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But he doesn't do costly mistakes that Nakamba tends to do.

Respect your opinion but to me i don't trust Nakamba. 

Personally, I would love to see Jack back in the midfield position creating play. I know many of us think out on the wing is a good position for him.  I would rather anybody else out on the wing UTV

I think I would go with Reina and line up 

Reina 

Konsa   Hause     Mings    Targett

Hourihane      Luiz      McGinn 

El Ghazi       Samatta       Grealish 

Then I think depending on score line bring on Elmo for El Ghazi and Davis for Samatta later on in the game. Davis vs tired defenders would be more of a handful I think, and with Elmo crossing in could nick us a goal.

If Guilbert is fit then we could start him at RB and have Konsa and Mings as CBs. So glad we have Targett, he’s not a world beater but probably the best leftback we have had since... at least Amavi, maybe longer?

Edited by alreadyexists

Theoretically we should have a little edge with our match sharpness and fitness, and so for me I’d probably go with the same starting 11. I think if teams like us are going to win games against the big clubs then it’s likelier you do it within 60-70mins. We simply don’t have the depth in the squad to bring on players to swing a game in our favour, certainly not now 5 subs are allowed. It’s grabbing at thin air but we could really do with a wildcard in the pack, a little known youth player who comes in and shocks the opposition. 

• Like 2

I have been a Davis supporter since he broke into the first team. I feel if he had been given the playing time that Wes had, he would be scoring goals. I understand the Bollotics of having to play your most expensive striker. Would love to see Davis and Samatta , but is it a risk worth taking. (I guess it has been tried in practice)

22 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Nyland 

Konsa Mings Hause 

Elmo Luiz McGinn Targett 

Grealish   

Davis Samatta

I would love this, but I really doubt we’ll see it

Reina

Konsa Hause Mings Targett

Mcginn Nakamba Luiz

Samatta Davis Grealish

Holding out zero hope of a win though tbh....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As it’s Father’s Day today, I’ll be going to my father in laws with the missus and our kids. They are our chosen bubble so get the pleasure of our company. Of course, we get to watch football all day, which will piss his wife off, but she can cook dinner so she’s not left out. The last time me and him watched a game together was the 1-0 win over Norwich on Boxing Day, he fell asleep halfway through, but we did win. So I’m taking that as a good omen and predicting a win for Villa today. We need it more than they do, and as it’s Father’s Day, I deserve to see us pick the points up. 

I know you could argue Chelsea dada deserve to see their team win too, but they’re probably all racist words removed, so that doesn’t count 

• Haha 1

Same as the Sheffield game, start the fittest team we can muster, hope that our match fitness is better than theirs 

I expect it to not be as surprising as Wednesdays line up but still not our best line up on paper, samatta looked way off 

30 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

As it’s Father’s Day today, I’ll be going to my father in laws with the missus and our kids. They are our chosen bubble so get the pleasure of our company. Of course, we get to watch football all day, which will piss his wife off, but she can cook dinner so she’s not left out. The last time me and him watched a game together was the 1-0 win over Norwich on Boxing Day, he fell asleep halfway through, but we did win. So I’m taking that as a good omen and predicting a win for Villa today. We need it more than they do, and as it’s Father’s Day, I deserve to see us pick the points up. 

I know you could argue Chelsea dada deserve to see their team win too, but they’re probably all racist words removed, so that doesn’t count 

His wife cooking dinner so she’s not left out! That made me laugh

• Like 2

At least JT wont get stick off the crowd. I still have great memories of playing there in the cup. We had been unbeatable and sang along with the opera singer they put on at half time , How daft was that. I think we took about 90 coaches, drank in their pubs all afternoon 

I will not mention the score