Pre-Match Thread

John

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Giroud will probably bang a hat trick

For me you don’t get our CBs engaging with Giroud outside of our box. He will get the better of them and create space to the side and behind when he wins the ball, and Mount will be flying around looking for those spaces. Maintain a solid back 4 line. Douglas Luiz should be tasked with sticking around Giroud, and breaking from there. If we leave space in our final 3rd it will be exploited by Chelseas quality. I’m looking for a solid display that builds on the deserved clean sheet against Sheffield Utd. Keeping goals out has to be the priority. 

39 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Davis has goals in him, Ihink he has been unlucky often. Could take one goal to spark something from him.

His record suggests otherwise, he’s not a goal scorer.

8 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I'd have loved to have seen two up top today this Chelsea team are pretty poor defensively, weve shown all season our wingers don't offer much so I thought today may have been a decent opportunity to try it

2 strikers up front won't automatically make you stronger offensively.

Modern football is all about winning the midfield battle.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Persisting with Orjan is a big mistake. This will cost you Dean.

It’s a tough one really. I don’t think Pepe is ready after his illness and Steer must be getting for slowly but surely after a nasty injury. Heaton’s injury has really dented us in the long run. 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

2 strikers up front won't automatically make you stronger offensively.

Modern football is all about winning the midfield battle.

We played a lot of long balls into Davis last game, if that's our plan again then someone running off him makes sense imo. El ghazi offers nothing on the wing and neither does trez when he comes on in the 70th minute every week

But yes what you say is true. 

Edited by holteend1982

5 minutes ago, jim said:

His record suggests otherwise, he’s not a goal scorer.

He's 22 and has had a pretty awful injury record. He has everything needed to be a good player. He just needs that one goal to spark his confidence.

I could be wrong, I hope I am not. I would like to see him score to see how that helps him.