Pre-Match Thread

John

Dont know if we have the edge or not as we have played a game more but we will see. We certainly need to take our chances in this one. 

Dont think we will get many. Also no hause like mistakes as they will definitely punish us.

The quality differential is huge. Really feels like Prem vs. Championship when we come up against a Chelsea or City. Honestly cant see much else other than 0-3 or something.

I hate that we were mismanaged so badly since Lerner’s initial upward curve; and we are just seen as relegation fodder or a yo-yo west brom type by the media & opposition fans now while the chelsea and city’s of this world have been having great times with all the worlds best players rocking up to play for them winning so many trophies. Stupid football 😠

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont know if we have the edge or not as we have played a game more but we will see. We certainly need to take our chances in this one. 

Dont think we will get many. Also no hause like mistakes as they will definitely punish us.

Could the game more be a negative given the current levels of fitness, a lot will depend on our recovery rates ?

Reina

Konsa Mings Hause

Elmo/Guilbert                                   Targett

McGinn          Luiz/Nakamba

Grealish

Samatta           Davis

More chance of Small Heath winning the Champions League in the next decade than Smith going for something like this though!

• Like 2

As Samatta is apparently able to play out wide, why not use him there with Davis leading the line.

El Ghazi and Trezeguet have both been disappointing, and we really need better up front if we are to survive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

As Samatta is apparently able to play out wide, why not use him there with Davis leading the line.

El Ghazi and Trezeguet have both been disappointing, and we really need better up front if we are to survive.

El Ghazi had a great cross to Davis which should have been a goal. That would have been an assist if Abraham played up front.

I thought he looked fine against Sheff Utd.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Every other game I've seen this season Chelsea seem to be nearly as bad as defending crosses/corners as we are. They seem to have conceded loads so interested how they are compared to us. Was also a weakness of Derby under Lampard given our two play off final goals came from crosses.

Our corners actually looked good on Wednesday for a chance but the crux is keeping Hourihane in as DM as he gets exposed badly there against midfields that press.

Think Nakamba will come in and perhaps McGinn will drop out, he was off the pace so think I'd rather give him the last half hour with the game hopefully still in the balance and then start him at Newcastle.

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think you are overrating them.

Man Ure only 3 pts behind them and Man Ure are in route for their worst point tally since Moyes,

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Chelsea haven't lost a game in over 3 months. Will be a tough game.

I’m confused. Are we going to win or not!?

7 hours ago, wedge said:

Reina

Konsa Mings Hause

Elmo/Guilbert                                   Targett

McGinn          Luiz/Nakamba

Grealish

Samatta           Davis

More chance of Small Heath winning the Champions League in the next decade than Smith going for something like this though!

I like the look of that (preferably with Luiz and Guilbert if fit). If Davis or Samatta runs themselves into the ground then bring on Vassilev to keep the energy levels up. 

I just wonder if these games will be played at walking pace whether Jota might be worth a go as if he gets that extra second on the ball he can provide some quality.  Move Jack into a central role.

------------------------Nyland---------------------

Konsa-----Hause----Mings-----Targett

------------------Luiz--McGinn-----------------

Jota---------------Grealish---------El Ghazi

-----------------------Samatta------------------------

• Like 2